Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 04:14 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowracer View Post
OK dustman. You are right and I'm wrong. You win 10,000 internets.

Its perfectly safe to tow any load with a modern truck, as technology is foolproof and never fails.

Tim
Putting words in my mouth. That's funny. I guess we shouldn't pull anything or drive at all- I mean, just imagine what would happen if your brakes were to fail. Clearly we MUST stay off the road because it's possible. No way anything on that 77 would fail, right?
Old 01-16-2014, 04:40 PM   #62

This thread has gone from interesting to well I am to going to type it cause it will just cause more issues and hurt feeling.

"unsubscribe"

Have a nice day all..

2006 F350 6.0 with 3.73 gears, 4X4, Extra-Cab Long Box, Oil/Tranny/P.S. Coolers. Coolant filter. SCT Livewire.
2011 Cedar Creek 36RE, Auto levelers + too much to list..!
Old 01-16-2014, 04:47 PM   #63
Mod free 5er

The truck issue is a moot point. The hitch was the problem by not installing the pins in the torsion bars. You kiddies need to start a new thread "My old truck can out pull your new truck"
Old 01-16-2014, 04:55 PM   #64
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowracer View Post
...There's a reason you cant find a solid axle half-ton truck any more...
The only NON solid axle I know of is the open tube rear end on race cars, i.e sprint cars, etc. Even the old Ford 3/4 T full floater rear ends had solid axles. Even the fwd and independent suspension drive cars have solid axles.
Old 01-16-2014, 06:30 PM   #65
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Cowracer, if you look at all the pictures of the OP's post and the enlargements, you will see the pins were not in the torsion bars which is what caused the accident. Had nothing to do the truck. It could of been a 3/4 or 1 T and the results of the hitch bars not being installed properly would of been the same.
Sorry to pick on you, OldCoot - yours was just the most recent that I saw. We frankly don't know what caused the accident- be it pins missing on the torsion bars (they could have been there and dislodged when the hitch was ripped from the truck), it could have been too small of a truck for the load (either overloaded or not), it could have been the hitch just wasn't adjusted properly, it could have been any number of other things that caused the trailer to sway before it wrecked the truck and hitch.

As ryand said, unless this guy signs up to be a member here - we'll never know. And, even if he was- he may not know what did or didn't happen to cause the accident.

As puff says- this thread has gone from interesting analysis to my truck is better than yours and it's time to close it down.

For the interest for all, here's what we all should be towing + towing with:
Closed Thread

Tags
v-cross