Old 04-09-2010, 07:35 AM   #1
2011 Berkshire 390bh
Value Added Tax

I got flamed royally on the RV Net forum for bringing up the possibility of a value added tax as something that had no basis in fact. In fact the post got pulled farily quickly. I prefaced my remarks with "this is not a political statement" and then I went on to state that if someone is looking at making a major purchase like an RV in the future you may want to be aware of the possibility of a value added tax being a possible reality. Gee, what do we see in todays "USA Today" but the following

Just be aware folks that regardless of where you stand politically there are probably going to be major tax increases coming in the not too distant future and one of those may have a very serious effect on those of us with RV's and that tax would be the value added tax.

wnytaxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 07:45 AM   #2
That bunch from is good for flaming anyone that doesn't follow the party line over there.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 07:59 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
I still occasionally check out the new posts, but very seldom contribute to the forum. I found a home right here.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2006 Ford F150 Super Cab 4x4
2008 Surveyor 263
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 08:09 AM   #4
Yep... just doesn't work.

The VAT is a serious issue for RV buyers. Would add cost at every stage of the supply chain.

Enjoy what you have now, providing everyone with free stuff isn't cheap..
TulsaSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 08:21 AM   #5
CLASS "A" Senior Member
By the time they get done paying for all of this ObamaCare stuff, the CHANGE that got him voted in is all that will be left of your paycheck after working all week. However the freeloaders doing nothing will still be riding high off the backs of the working middle-class.

2007 Georgetown 370TS

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 09:34 AM   #6
I hope that the VAT gets killed. It is a very regressive tax that will hurt many people.

Tom and Margaret
2014 Berkshire 390bh-60

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote