Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-02-2010, 11:58 PM   #1

Vancouver Winter Olympics

Is anybody coming up to Vancouver for the 2010 games?
Tow Vehicle: '92 F350, Crew Cab, 4X4, Cummins 5.9 24 Valve, 6spd.Driver:Clint, Navigator:Melanie, 1 dog (Great Pyrenees/Akbash cross) and now a cat too. Mission Statement: Just another adventure! Towed vehicle:2009 Roo 19 with lots of mods!
cmcct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 08:27 PM   #2

you live close by em......
i wish we could have gone, the winter games are my favorite
Old 02-03-2010, 11:29 PM   #3
The Jolly Mon

Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
I wish I could go too!

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 07:34 AM   #4
CLASS "A" Senior Member

The winter games are by far our favorite. We'll be enjoying them in front of the TV but would really like to be there.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 12:56 PM   #5
Site Team

I know it's gonna sound funny coming from a good ole' boy from south Alabama but Curling is my favorite sport of all time! I love the winter Olympics.
Old 02-04-2010, 03:46 PM   #6

Send a message via Skype™ to BENTE
i will not make it up there but plan on watching.. i like luge, skeleton, and bobsled the best but also enjoy super g. i really like the winter better than the summer. the summer ones there are so many other outdoor activities i would rather be doing than watching tv.. USA...USA...USA!!!

tb

2009 Wildwood 26tbss
Nights Camped in 2010 38
BENTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 10:47 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcct View Post
Hey cmcct, regretfully we can't make the Olympics up there, but will be glued to the TV here. But the missus heard on the news this morning, that snow is being moved in for certain venues. Y'all are welcome to come on down here and get all you want.......for free!!!

Current conditions in Ruckersville, VA.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2-6-10 Download 075.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	2119

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 01:37 AM   #8

Yeah, it's kind of ironic how we are hosting the winter olympics here, and we are in the middle of the warmest winter on record, heck, we can't even build our igloos! One of the venues, it is true, is having snow trucked in in order to make sure there is enough to be able to hold the events like snowboarding and aerials. Actually they planned ahead of time for just such an event. The organizers actually stockpiled snow from the record early snowfall, and covered it up, just in case there was a huge melt like has happened here the last month. The mountain is right on the edge of the water, overlooking Vancouver so it is vulnerable to the Pinapple Express blowing it's way through here right now. I am fully confident that it will be a great show, and I hear that the cooler weather may be coming, but at this time it looks like spectators will be able to watch the events on the moutains in tee shirts. I think that would be pretty cool. Whistler on the other hand has excellent conditions for all it's events, lot of snow on the hill. Our city is really starting to feel the vibe now! Hope you all enjoy it, wherever you may be watching from.
Clint GO, CANADA, GO!!!!!
Tow Vehicle: '92 F350, Crew Cab, 4X4, Cummins 5.9 24 Valve, 6spd.Driver:Clint, Navigator:Melanie, 1 dog (Great Pyrenees/Akbash cross) and now a cat too. Mission Statement: Just another adventure! Towed vehicle:2009 Roo 19 with lots of mods!
Old 02-09-2010, 07:04 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcct View Post
They just said on the news that Vancouver is having problems comming up with snow due to a warm Winter, If I could get there I would bring some of this lovely white stuff with me, 26" from Saturdays storm and now It has been snowing since 4:30 this after noon and have 3" on the ground all ready. The weatherman just said as I am posting that we could get up to 22" by the time this storm is all over. I wish I could direct it to Vancouver.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:25 AM   #10

I think that it's my fault there's no snow here (Vancouver) on the local mountains for the Winter Olympics !!!! AFTER last years record snowfall, I went out and purchased a brand new snowblower - naturally, haven't seen a snowflake since !!!

...VTX-AL
VTX Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 01:12 PM   #11
Site Team

Well, of course it's your fault. The nerve of you to go buy a new blower when you knew the olympics were coming!
Old 02-11-2010, 10:55 PM   #12

SOOOO, that's why. I think I'll forward this on to John Furlong. He may be in contact with you.