Old 02-24-2015, 03:20 PM   #11
BamaGanza FROG Promoter

Really sorry to hear about your experience

I agree! I WISH that the RV industry could become dealer regulated like the auto industry. Who knows, maybe in a few years...

Back to you Ash...

You may want to take a look at a couple of the national sellers RV Nation and RV Wholesalers have a pretty good rep and may well save you more than the cost of fuel to pick up your unit!

I know RV Nation gave us an amazing quote of a fully decked out Cedar Creek (have yet to have the time to go to a local dealer and see what their offer will be...more later )

Bob & Anne-Marie [BamaBob & 6 Actual]
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes |
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 03:26 PM   #12
cogito ergo moo
I had a rather insulting episode with my local dealer (the only Rockwood dealer in STL) back when I bought it. It culminated with us walking out on the negotiations. It was either that or slap the dog crap outta the smarmy salesman

Quite some times later (months) we got a postcard from that salesman. One of those "We are here to serve you" sales pitches. I sent him back a picture of my truck with my nice new ROO hitched to the back of it with a note saying "I'm good".

I would do the same when you buy one.

FROG Member MO-0008-571 Since 2012
2016 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss (coming soon)
Nights camped 2016 -9
Nights Reserved 077121212125 ..........My Project Blog:

Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 03:37 PM   #13
Exclamation Poor FR Dealers

We bought a 2014 Solera in NC because the local FR dealer, McGeorge RV in Richmond, Va. did not carry them. When it came time for some warranty work they Refused because we did not buy it from them. I just do not understand the logic. Forrest River factory reps are great, just wish They could filter that down to their local reps.
George & Karen
2014 F150 4X4 5.0L 3.55 Axle
Husky Centerline TS 1200lb 4 point WDH
2017 Rockwood Mini Lite 2109S
MountainTrippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 03:48 PM   #14
Site Team
Originally Posted by X96mnn View Post
Look in the bright side, you learned what they treat you like when you are trying to give you money, imagine how they would be if you have a problem.

Lot of salesmen have no clue what they are talking about, do not want an informed customer coming in and calling them on knowledge they gained from a forum.
I agree with X96mnn. You actually gained something positive from your negative experience.

Once I told a kid truck salesman he was going to get his dealership sued (slight exaggeration) because he was telling me a short/short Chevy truck would tow 10K lbs. - because the print on the receiver said the receiver would handle that much. Maybe I gave him a little education.
SEARCH is your friend!
FR Wildcat 295RSX / GMC Sierra

Nights Camped: 2013 = 49 / 2014 = 74 / 2015 = 74 / 2016 = 74 (booked = 11)
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 04:13 PM   #15
Coming from automotive, motorcycle and industrial truck Mfg'ing...most of those companies have significantly improved relationships with dealers and customers...not all are where they need to be, but much better. Putting more emphasis on quality and dealer accountability.

The RV industry and dealers have a ways to go, on all fronts. We the customer need to keep driving home our expectations. Sales in RV's continue to grow and with the baby boomers getting into it in force...hopefully those expectations and the dollars that come with it will push the quality and dealer responsibility to higher levels.
martinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 06:52 PM   #16
Last weekend we went to a dealership which is probably the largest chain in the country and was met after some time by the rudest person I think I have ever met. We walked out and went across the highway and had a completely different experience. The difference in the two was the first was a chain and the second was a single family owned dealership. Lesson learned. Stay away from the chains. The chains are over priced and hard to deal with while the smaller dealerships really want to sell you a camper. I have bought 3 campers from a smaller dealership and always got a fair deal. They sold out to a chain and have lost my business.
Retired Fire Dept Battalion Chief
2016 Ever-Lite 232RBS
2012 F150 FX4 W/Max tow & Ecoboost

Getting old ain't for wimps!!!
Stormrider151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 10:27 PM   #17
If they are being stupid, you need to tell them.

As I get older, I get even more cranky. I say, if someone is being stupid or rude and obnoxious then they need to know about it. Therefore, I have NO problem telling them what kind of an ass they are being. Done it many times and I'm sure there will be many more. If I am not being treated well I make sure they know exactly how I feel about it and tell them to run along and fetch their manager because I'd like to talk to him about how I'm being treated.
gthomp10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 12:23 PM   #18
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
It is sad that FR the manufacture does not have more pull with the people who sell their units.
This is true, but I've also found it to be true that the people who sell the units have very little pull with FR.
woozy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 12:33 PM   #19
This is all just a sign of the times. Very sad.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 1000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 10:37 AM   #20
Last yr we were looking for a new Columbus & looked at dealers from Fla to southern Ind. We met a few nice salesmen but soon discovered that 99.9% did not know about, or did not follow any RV forums or RV FB groups. This meant we were much more knowledgeable about the RVs than were the salesman. This fact was very disappointing but it sure made it easy to distinguish between the truth, BS & outright lies.

Wayne & Sheryl
Plus Ollie & Sophie
(they don't know they're dogs)
2011 Ram Laramie 2500 CC 4X4 6.7 Cummins
2015 Columbus 320RS
"Where ever you go, there you are" Buckaroo Banzai
Goukcats is offline   Reply With Quote