Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-18-2007, 01:08 PM   #41

We just sold our pop-up and are getting ready to buy a TT. The kids ask us if we were going to to be like most of the people with TT's an 5th wheels. "Are we just going to sit inside, watch TV and not have fires?" It's like when you go to your local watering hole and can't turn up the juke box because all the old timers want to watch "Wheel of Fortune". Camping is supposed to fun especially for kids. I agree not burming anything but wood. But people need to understand they are camping and sometimes a fire doesn't burn like you want it too. One of the main reasons we camp is too sit around the fire friends and family and enjoy good conversation and maybe a couple coctails. If you need to be in a quiet, smoke free, controlled environment, if there is such a thing, sell your camper and stay home!
inventor24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 05:01 PM   #42

Send a message via MSN to welshman599
Well I'm sure there are Wheel of Fortune fans of all ages.. just can't get enough Vanna!

Seriously though, I guess this thread shows that there are those who love campfires and the atmosphere they create, and there are those who don't. Those latter people are clearly communist.

Joking again!!! I guess as long as campgrounds have campfire rings and the majority enjoy them, the matter is settled. Sadly, the nature of wind means that you can't really have designated no-campfire zones. Oh wait, there's always Walmart parking lots!!!

Now lets talk about the fumes & noise from generators. THAT should be good!

83 sweet sweet days camped in 2008 - not easy in my neck of the woods!
welshman599 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 09:24 PM   #43
The Jolly Mon

Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
I'm a Firefigher by trade. I'm used to putting OUT fires.

The campgrounds give me a place to actually partake in LIGHTING a fire.
I say....light 'em up! Just keep it to burning the local wood...and not your trash, beer cans, grass clipping, bootlegged wood from another location, pressure treated wood, copper pipe, rubber hoses, roadkill, etc...

A little courtesy never hurts either. If you are clearly pissing in someone's Wheaties...maybe you should re-evaluate what you are doing...no matter WHAT you are doing in the campground.

PS...They ain't watchin' WHEEL OF FORTUNE at my favorite waterin' hole...but I always have to tell them to 'turn up the jukebox' anyway!
Come on up here and we'll have some beers.

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote