Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-23-2009, 01:33 PM   #1

Venturer 22'' lcd tv ...

I brought my TT in to the dealer last week for a few minor issues ,but the main reason was I was getting no reception on the digital channels over the air and on cable , the picture was not clear.
They called me today to tell me it was ready and of course they say the TV is working fine. SURPRISE SURPRISE.
I wouldnt expect a super clear pic on over the air channels, but i've been to 5 different campgrounds and hooked up the cable tv and it was absolutly horrible. Now, when i've hooked it up to the cable at my house it doesnt seem to be as bad as what it is at the campgrounds but still not clear as it is in my house. I just figured it was because the signal was split so much at the campground that it just wasnt that strong.
I thought maybe a bad cable running thru the trailer itself,but they said they checked all of that.
I'm going to make them hook it up to their cable when i gopick it up on friday and see if it's as good as they say it is.
Anyone else have an issue with not getting a clear pic when hooked up to cable?

thanks,
Erik
eandsphotography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 04:01 PM   #2

Send a message via MSN to hunt4240dw
I hope I can explain this right ... There is a wall plate behind the TV that has the connections for the antenna, video and audio. I found the antenna connection to be a bad design. They take the coax down to the core wire and soldier to coax connector. They do this so that cover will over the back of the wall plate. I felt that would cause interference.

I took that connection out of the wall plate and replaced it with a regular female - female wall plate connector. I connect the coax from the amplifier back up to the new wall plate connector. To put the cover back on, I had trim the plastic cover a little.

After doing this, my picture quality improved greatly on both TVs on either air or cable. I would take pictures but the trailer is at the dealership.

David

The Hunts
2012 F150 Ecoboost, 3.55, tow package
Equal-i-zer Hitch
2009 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
1982 16' Glastron Ski boat
hunt4240dw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 04:46 PM   #3

That wall plate was part of the problem. I found that out the first week I had the trailer. I bypassed it altogether and while it did improve the picture somewhat, it is still not what I feel it should be. I guess if when I go pick it back up and try of out while I'm at the dealer and it's ok then I'll just live with it. Camping isn't supposed to be for watching tv anyway right!!!!!
Thanks for your response though
Old 02-23-2009, 07:30 PM   #4

Are you using the Concertone? Mine did the same thing.....then I accidently disconnected the coax from the wall plate to the TV...and my picture was crystal clear! Found out if you are using the Concertone with the Venture TV on cable you do not need the coax as you are receiving the signal from your yellow video cable. Over the air might be different never tried it....When you are hooked up to cable your signal booster needs to be off.

Hope this helps...

Wally
2008 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax
nomoreosama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 07:39 PM   #5

That's interesting. I'll have to give that a try using just the video cable.