Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-04-2009, 01:53 PM   #1

Venturer LCD tv update

Well, the dealer agreed to give me a new TV and i went to pick it up yesterday. The old one would not pick up HD channels and even on cable it looked like it was on air channels. So after seeing it, they agreed and ordered me a new one. Picked it up yesterday and just went to put it in a little while ago. And here we go again with another problem. This one comes on and shuts off within 5 seconds. I managed to get into the menu in that time and did a channel scan and it grabbed a few channels and then shut off. Only the video, not audio. After turning it off and then back on the picture would reappear, (really good picture, i must say) and then go right back off.
After playing with it a few minutes, now the video is not even staying on long enough to even show a picture for 5 seconds.
I've just about had enough of it. It's not like the dealer is right around the corner and i can just stop by and get a replacement again.
I'm about to go buy a REAL tv and not this knock off BS they put in these trailers.!!!!

eandsphotography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 02:52 PM   #2

Are you running on 120v.AC power? The reason I ask is that the TV is designed to shut down in a low battery situation. I camp a lot with no facilities, and have run into that problem. Crank up your Tow vehicle while plugged in,(if there's no AC access,)and see if it works then. Thanks, and GOOD LUCK, Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 03:05 PM   #3

it is on 120 but i have it plugged in on the side of my house. BUT, i have had it unpplugged for about 4 days. I assumed it would run off of 110 when it was plugged in.
Perhaps that IS the problem.
THANKS,.
I;ll let you know.
if it is, i'm not gonna tell the dealer how dumb i am!!!
eandsphotography is offline   Reply With Quote