Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-17-2016, 03:50 PM   #41
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
If this helpsClick image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1453063818142.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	97946

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 04:16 PM   #42
Left Coast

Now this was done to Desert code......Might change away from suicide cord when I get back to real world
Old 01-17-2016, 04:25 PM   #43
Who Dares, Wins

http://www.amazon.com/Leviton-5278-C...5amp+inlet+box

Could try the above, might save you from a hole in the wall as well. This is a route I was considering.

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 04:32 PM   #44
Left Coast

That would be the one to use.....still needs a mounting hole, and is large enough to replace the one that was available here. Just paint to match
Old 01-18-2016, 07:37 AM   #45

Just a note or two as commentary:

I too have the 8329SS with a few similar issues but no real big things as of yet. We are living in the TT for four months while we play snowbirds so here is what I have noticed.

The OP mentioned the"sub-woofer" under the sink and I found that too but I have no idea what it is for. Haven't heard any sound coming from there but, hey...who knows... I thought somebody just used a big speaker and box to fill a space.

Some odd electrical gremlins also. If the fireplace is on and I run the microwave, the fireplace shuts down. No breaker is ever tripped but the fireplace will shut down every time. It hasn't been a big deal but it is a curiosity. Running my Kuering has no impact on anything - never a problem.

One of my outside floods is burned out also but I figure I'll just replace it.

One more issue and, again, not major but the oven pilot will not stay lit. It will sometimes get to temperature but once it does it shuts down. Adjusted the pilot/thermocouple but, no dice. Since we live in the trailer at this time I am going to have to have a mobile repair unit come by and negotiate with FR on warranty coverage.

All-in-all though we are pretty satisfied with the unit.

As I said, just some commentary.

2016 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8329SS
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 (Sterling) Auto w/built trans, 4X4 Quad Cab 5.9L Cummins
mikemc53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 09:06 AM   #46

You just cannot blame Forest River for all the problems you have with your Rockwood, put the blame on Rockwood! Forest River is a huge company with many RV manufacturers under their name plate.
Take mine for instance. My Crusader is made by Prime Time. They are part of the "Forest River" family. So anytime I have a problem with my unit, I can't in good faith blame Forest River. I would blame Prime Time.
I have been at a Forest River Rally this past August in Indiana and was very impressed how "Forest River" stands behind their products, even though they were all made by seperate RV companies.
My advice: Put the blame where the blame needs to be placed! That is the company that actually produced your product, not the "mother company".
No, I am not a rep for Forest River. In fact in the past 43 years RV'ing. my Crusader is the first that is a Forest River product.

Fred n Wilma
2017 Ford F-150 EcoBoost
2015 Crusader 295RST
Fred H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 10:37 AM   #47

Rockwood is a brand name for Forest River, not a separate company. Look at the Forest River website and you will see all of their brands.

2010 F250 5.4L 3.73
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Equal-i-zer 4pt 12K

2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
EQUALIZER E4 1200/12000
lbrjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 11:28 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemc53 View Post
Just a note or two as commentary:

I too have the 8329SS with a few similar issues but no real big things as of yet. We are living in the TT for four months while we play snowbirds so here is what I have noticed.

The OP mentioned the"sub-woofer" under the sink and I found that too but I have no idea what it is for. Haven't heard any sound coming from there but, hey...who knows... I thought somebody just used a big speaker and box to fill a space.

Some odd electrical gremlins also. If the fireplace is on and I run the microwave, the fireplace shuts down. No breaker is ever tripped but the fireplace will shut down every time. It hasn't been a big deal but it is a curiosity. Running my Kuering has no impact on anything - never a problem.

One of my outside floods is burned out also but I figure I'll just replace it.

One more issue and, again, not major but the oven pilot will not stay lit. It will sometimes get to temperature but once it does it shuts down. Adjusted the pilot/thermocouple but, no dice. Since we live in the trailer at this time I am going to have to have a mobile repair unit come by and negotiate with FR on warranty coverage.

All-in-all though we are pretty satisfied with the unit.

As I said, just some commentary.
My outside light burned out within a week but those are minor automotive lights and I think you always have some of that, the sub woofer can be heard better by adjusting your sound through the IRV-66 if you have one, On Irv 66 I replaced, one of the problems it had was once you powered down the unit after adjusting bass and treble? it would not keep the settings. The sub woofer box is not built very well (acoustically speaking) even with my settings where I like I don't really hear it unless I am at the sink,
The pilot light (maybe someone will correct me) is not designed to stay lit all of the time, this saves propane. then again I almost never cook with the oven so I am unsure. I just started experimenting with a pizza stone and don't mind lighting it only when I need it.
Northwest_RVr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood