Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-31-2016, 02:12 PM   #1

Warm weather inspection

With winter still roaring away it's nice to have days in the 40 to 60 degree range even for a day. During this time i try and take an hour or two to open up our camper and inspect for any water or mice signs even crawling under to inspect every inch. While under their I also respray all exposed nuts and bolts with wd40 I do keep ours covered and am fortunate to have it parked in our driveway. During my winterization process I take everything out and store it in our basement including the battery witch I put on a trickle charger . With all my gear that is usually in my pass through storage in my basement I am able to inspect and write down anything that I might be needing to restock or maintain through out the long winter months. What's your winter inspection and maintenance in tail ?

Clancy vibe272bhs
timothy clancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 07:04 PM   #2
I go RV'ing not Camping

Wow that is pretty intensive.....I am jealous that you are able to have your trailer stored in your driveway...mine is stored 70 miles away, so I am unable to do any of the things you mentioned....Although I have so far gone out to check on my trailer once since September to check for mice and water....fingers crossed for the rest of the winter.
1400lbs Equal-i-zer Hitch
jgourlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 07:37 PM   #3

Jgourlie sorry to hear that your unit is that far away over the years I have always tried to go over my campers even uncovering it and camping out in the driveway overnight with the kids. Hopefully you will be able to check on it again and find no issues . Safe travels.

Clancy vibe272bhs
timothy clancy is offline   Reply With Quote