Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-23-2010, 02:07 PM   #1

Warranty

What is the company warrant with Forest River, particularly the Surveyor? The advertising says one of the industry's best. My 2008 Jayco was 2 years, bumper to bumper.
18267RBSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 02:17 PM   #2
Wanna Be Camper

I am guessing it is the same as the rest of the FR line. 1 year and as some have found an option on year 2 for 100 bux or so.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 03:53 PM   #3
Site Team

the key statement is "one of the best".

it's the same as all FR brands. one year with a 2nd one available for about $150.

Jayco has a 2 year one but they are more expensive.

the warranties cover the same thing but i will say that Jayco seems to have better customer service.
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 07:47 PM   #4

I wasn't offered the warranty for the Shamrock 233S that I purchased new in September. Can I still purchase this after the fact? I'm just curious why the dealer wouldn't offer this warranty up...hmm, must be that they were trying to sell the extended warranty.

Also, does the dealer still cover repairs of the FR extended warranty?
jbjuices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 08:01 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbjuices View Post
I wasn't offered the warranty for the Shamrock 233S that I purchased new in September. Can I still purchase this after the fact? I'm just curious why the dealer wouldn't offer this warranty up...hmm, must be that they were trying to sell the extended warranty.

Also, does the dealer still cover repairs of the FR extended warranty?
It seems that dealers are more interested in selling the expensive extended warranties. It's my guess that's why they don't mention the 2nd year by FR. I believe you only have 10 days after purchase to buy the 2nd year. You can call FR and see if they will sell it to you. Worse case senerio is they say no. Forest River Ph. Number, 574-389-4600

The dealer is under no obligation to honor any warranty repairs. I would imagine that if your dealer honors the original warranty he would have no problem honoring the 2nd year. If for some reason he won't, you could contact FR for the closest authorized repair facility in your area.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 08:11 PM   #6

I responded to a very similar question a little while ago but would be happy to share this with you. We just bought a new F/R Rockwood 2604SS and I had found out through talking to a " ask the expert " on line that F/R was going to offer a second year for free. When we went down to finalize the deal I mentioned this and it was given to me no questions asked. Hope this helps
bryanne7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 08:26 PM   #7

I purchased my Blue Ridge in Oct 2010, and I found out about the 2nd year on this forum. I sent in my application along with $150 within the 10 days, and it was returned to me from FR saying for my unit the additional year is $250. No mention of 2nd year free. When I asked the dealer why I had not been given the info on the 2nd year warranty he said he had forgotten.
bailer6334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 08:55 PM   #8

I bought my tt last month, Nov 6th. I asked Prime Time if they would do a 2nd year warranty for $150. They told me that there wasn't much interest in the FR 2nd year warranty so they are not doing it. I then told them that more people would purchase the waranty if the dealers would let them know about it. That's the only time I haven't got a response from Prime Time.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 08:27 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by grhodes50 View Post
It seems that dealers are more interested in selling the expensive extended warranties. It's my guess that's why they don't mention the 2nd year by FR. I believe you only have 10 days after purchase to buy the 2nd year. You can call FR and see if they will sell it to you. Worse case senerio is they say no. Forest River Ph. Number, 574-389-4600

The dealer is under no obligation to honor any warranty repairs. I would imagine that if your dealer honors the original warranty he would have no problem honoring the 2nd year. If for some reason he won't, you could contact FR for the closest authorized repair facility in your area.
Someone on this board, or it might have been Trailerlife, was able to buy the 2nd year many months after the "10-day" window. Search for the thread and definitely try calling FR yourself and explaining your situation.
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 11:41 AM   #10

I was able to get the 2nd yr warranty 6 months after I purchased my Roo. I called FR and explained the situation...dealer did not inform me of the option and no paperwork inside my bag of pamphlets that mentioned the extended warranty. I found out about the warranty from one of the camping threads. FWIW, the dealer did not even try to sell me a warranty from them. The person had me call back in a couple of days so they could check it out with someone else. In the end, I'm happy to get the 2nd year, and I'm sure FR is happy to have my money. Pleasantly surprised at my first experience with FR customer service. Hope it goes well in the future.

2019 Vibe 261BHS
2021 RAM 1500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4
5.7L Hemi, 3.92 rear
Husky Centerline TS WD Hitch
Buckeyecmpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 06:11 PM   #11

Had the info. when I picked up my unit and signed the final paperwork. The paperwork person at the dealership was about halfway through her "sell" on their extended warranty.......when I asked about F/R second year for $ 150.00 bucks. I was advised that she knew nothing about it.....and appeared to be very disappointed.

I was told if F/R offered it.....to contact them......I did, and that's what we have!
1930 lbs CCC
2014 Jeep Rubicon JK
Going where the weather suits my clothes.
Steeljag is offline   Reply With Quote