Old 06-23-2015, 12:21 PM   #11
Bought our 2014 Rockwood 8282ws from a local FR dealer along with the 1 year extended warranty. Warranty ends this month so we brought it in to the dealer to fix the trailer under warranty. It has been at the dealer since mid-April. Dealer said he is still waiting for FR to provide one window and a floor fix. I don't think we have ever heard of any dealer or manufacturer providing warranty work or parts in a timely fashion.

Marcel & Jenne
Kemptville, ON
2014 Rockwood 8282WS
2015 Ford F150 Eco-Boost
BusyRetirees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 12:55 PM   #12
Warranty work or not, our dealer always asks when our next trip is and always has it ready. It CAN be done. Country Roads RV in Lexington, NC. Their service department is tops.

2013 Surveyor SP220
2010 Silverado LT 5.3 V8

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 01:08 PM   #13
This is my second Forest River RV. Bought my first from a dealer far from my home and getting work done on it from them was a hassle. Bought my new 2015 Forester 2501 TSC from Camping World near my home.
Took it out on a 2 week maiden trip and made up my list of warranty issues. I knew it would take a few weeks to get the parts ordered and work done. So, I went into CW when we got back figuring to talk with a service rep that day. I was given a date over a month from then to come back and meet with a service rep to discuss my issues. I said, "are you kidding me!" I was told by Sales Rep at CW that since I bought it from them I would get priority scheduling for warranty/service issues. When I told the scheduling secretary that, her comment was, "those Sales Reps will tell you anything to make a sale. It just doesn't work that way."
Scheduling warranty/service work in a timely manner was the main reason I bought from CW near my home. I won't make that mistake ever again. I will only buy from the dealer who gives the best price!!
stickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 07:01 PM   #14
Service during the camping season??

Originally Posted by johnsent View Post
Just back from our first weeklong trip with our new 2015 Rockwood purchased from Camping World. Had a few issues that need to be fixed before we can use again (brakes, etc.).

Called Camping World yesterday and was told the earliest I can bring it in is July 13 after which it will be 3 - 5 weeks before warranty work will be done.

I find 2 months for warranty to be way too long. Anyone else have to wait like this? Is it the norm for the industry?
Sorry to tell you that during the camping season this is very normal, as most if not all service locations do not have enough people on staff during the season, as this is because this camper thing will all love is so very SEASONAL, so as not to have to try and hire and fire staff all year long, most locations have the staff they can afford during the slow time, to carry over to the fast time, and hope they can make most people happy, but they all know they can not make everyone happy.

Also very sorry your had issues with your new camper but this also is normal.

Happy Camping
2010 Cedar Creek Silverback 35ts
2001 GMC 2500HD w/ Allison & 8.1
silverback 35ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 07:16 PM   #15
I purchased two TT from southern RV in Jonesboro average wait to have warranty work is 3-4 weeks
vrrgd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 09:08 PM   #16
It is time

Maybe it is time to fix the problem yourself and charge the manufacturer just like CW would do. Just think about how hard they tried to sell the extended warranty to you. They make a lot of money on those, and then don't want to do the work in a timely fashion. They appear to be under staffed in the service department, because they are always putting the sold units ahead of the service work units. They want to make that sale, and get it out the door. After that you do not mean anything to them. It is like the time share business. All the units you want to stay in (after you buy in), are taken buy the people they are trying to sell one to (giving the free nights away to them). What a way to treat your customers.
Dug2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 06:12 AM   #17
3-Way does Forest River warranty work?

Originally Posted by RiverBird View Post
In Atlanta, the warranty service from 3-Way Campers is usually 3 to 5 days. Highly recommended.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
2gwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 07:41 AM   #18
I think this shows, when buying a camper, search the internet and find the cheapest price possible. There is absolutely no reason to buy local, because you aren't going to get any benefit to using a local dealer, especially if that dealer is Camping World.

proggod is offline   Reply With Quote

camping, warranty