Old 10-14-2016, 05:16 PM   #1

Warranty contact info

I hope this doesn't sound like another rant, in general we have been very happy with our Salem Hemisphere Lite 302FK and with our dealers service department. We purchased it in July of '15, in August we were spraying conditioner on the slide seals when I noticed some unusual wear on one upper corner of the wiper seal. We took it to the dealer in Sept. (was the earliest appointment) and the service manager said it looked to have been installed improperly, but the extended warranty we purchased from Forest River doesn't cover the seals but gave me a # to call thinking that they may cover it anyway since it was less than a month out of the original warranty when we caught it and was installed improperly. Here is where the trouble starts, I call and get forwarded to someone but get voice mail so I left a message, no reply. I call again get forwarded to someone else, get a voice mail, leave a message, no reply. I call the service manager for a different contact #, he finds one, I call, get forwarded to an actual person. I tell him my situation and that the service manager had pictures so he gives me his email address to send the pictures to and tells me he will contact me and the service manager when he looks into it. A few days go by and we hear nothing. I try calling again twice got absolutely no answer or voicemail. I send him an email asking what he found out still no reply. I finally called a 3rd time got his voice mail and left a message, still no reply. I want to state again I'm not here run Forest River down, I'm hoping someone could help me with some contact information for someone who will actually respond to me. If the gentleman I spoke with had told me that they won't cover it I wouldn't be happy but I also wouldn't post about it, if we had caught it a couple weeks earlier it would be a non issue, so we live and learn. I just feel that actually responding shouldn't be asking too much. Sorry for the extremely long post.

Old 10-14-2016, 05:47 PM   #2

Here is the contacts I have for Salem's
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	47
Size:	169.7 KB
ID:	122973  

Iggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 06:44 PM   #3
Moderators' Assistant

I wouldn't believe the dealer about seals not being covered in the 2nd year factory warranty.
We had seals replaced during the 2nd year.
Most FR reps prefer contact by email.
'07 Roo 23SS pushing an '07 Chevy Avalanche
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 05:40 PM   #4

Thanks for the list, the person I actually had contact with was on the list and it has the direct # for this person. Sadly things are still not going well, we were away camping when I received your list so I waited til we returned home. 1st call I actually got a hold of this person who seemed to have pretty much forgotten me. Somehow he also claims he didn't receive either my e-mail or the pictures sent from the shop though the address we sent them to was the same he gave and the same on the above list. So he again asked who the dealership was and said he would call them to find out what was going on then again asked for my # so he could get back with me. Yet again silence. Since then calls go to voice mail in which he promises to return calls but as yet has not. I know I have read threads where people have been very happy with the Forest River warranty department, so far I have seemingly been ignored and blown off and am becoming very unhappy. I'm quite sure there are some very hard working dedicated people working for Forest River so I really don't intend to cast them all in a bad light but I have left messages for 2 people who never returned my call, talked to a 3rd who will not respond. Anyone have some advice or know someone at Forest River who can help?
Old 10-27-2016, 12:28 PM   #5

Eating crow happily

I wanted to be sure and post this update. Not only did the gentleman I had been dealing with get in contact with me today, but also informed me that he had just given my dealer the ok to replace the damaged seal! The process took a little longer than I would have liked but in the end I'm a more satisfied FR owner knowing they are willing to stand behind their product. I knew going into this that FR could have easily went by the letter of the law and refused my claim, but they were willing to take the time to look at the situation and imho be fair. In these days where customer service seems to be nonexistent FR deserves my cudos!

Tags
warranty