Old 02-01-2013, 02:16 PM   #1

warranty problem

bought a used 2013 3170 on the web from a dealer out of state. was assured it had the remainder of fr warranty as well as remainder of fords warranty. coach had 10k miles on it. to be safe i added a good sams warranty.

before, during, and after delivery a few issues were discovered that should be warranty issues. the gps reboots, if you play a dvd from the front player it is displayed in black and white on the tvs.

selling dealership said local dealer would honor warranty. local dealer was not completely on board with that. local dealer tells me that fr wont honor the warranty because the coach was not registered with them.

the more i read it seems fr is selling a warranty that in fact the buyer may not be able to enforce. on their website they do more than suggest that you buy local or you may not get what you think you are getting from a warranty perspective.

Old 02-01-2013, 02:40 PM   #2
daydreaming about camping

FR has repeatedly stated it will not honor any warranty to a subsequent purchaser. This site is full of posts form people who have had local dealers refuse warranty work on units they did not sell. I am one of those.

2013 Coachmen Freedom Express 320BHDS pulled by a 2005 F250 King Ranch CC

A rainy day camping is better than a sunny day at work.
jeeplj8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:47 PM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

It is any dealers discretion if he honors warranty work or not if unit was not bought from them.
In some cases you may be put behind customers whom actually bought from local dealer .
There's many many threads about this same issue all over frf.
A search will provide you with many hours of reading.

Turbs
Old 02-01-2013, 03:09 PM   #4

warranty

the only way is to buy warranty contract from a third party ...mabye you could go this way?
Old 02-01-2013, 03:25 PM   #5

fr says that it is best to buy local bla bla bla, but i never saw anything that says the 1 yr fr warranty can not be transferred. the dealer i got it from said it was. i guess i also have a problem with them. thanks for the info.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:32 PM   #6
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by lndlord View Post
fr says that it is best to buy local bla bla bla, but i never saw anything that says the 1 yr fr warranty can not be transferred. the dealer i got it from said it was. i guess i also have a problem with them. thanks for the info.
It has been my experience that anything said in the "negotiation" phase of a purchase that is NOT in writing on the contract; does not exist.

Salesmen do this tactic all the time across all industries. "Sure I can get that to you on Monday. Don't you worry the write up sheet says 10 business days, I will make a phone call."

Good luck getting it in 10 days; let alone Monday.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:42 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
the only way is to buy warranty contract from a third party ...mabye you could go this way?
thanks. my thoughts are, if you buy a warrantied item, the manufacturer is responsible to honor the warranty. you are correct the dealer may not have too. if fr allows them to remain a dealer after refusing to honor a warranty, then the fault is back to fr, as they are committing fraud by selling a warranty that they had no intention of forcing their dealers to honor.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:44 PM   #8
daydreaming about camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by lndlord View Post
thanks. my thoughts are, if you buy a warrantied item, the manufacturer is responsible to honor the warranty. you are correct the dealer may not have too. if fr allows them to remain a dealer after refusing to honor a warranty, then the fault is back to fr, as they are committing fraud by selling a warranty that they had no intention of forcing their dealers to honor.
that pretty much sums up the industry. FR makes some great products, but their dealer support is clearly lacking in many areas.

2013 Coachmen Freedom Express 320BHDS pulled by a 2005 F250 King Ranch CC

A rainy day camping is better than a sunny day at work.
jeeplj8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:44 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
It has been my experience that anything said in the "negotiation" phase of a purchase that is NOT in writing on the contract; does not exist.

Salesmen do this tactic all the time across all industries. "Sure I can get that to you on Monday. Don't you worry the write up sheet says 10 business days, I will make a phone call."

Good luck getting it in 10 days; let alone Monday.
i hear ya. except i have it all in writing. or email. either way, same result.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:57 PM   #10

This statment is in the motorized owners manual "warrants to the ORIGINAL CONSUMER PURCHASER ONLY" so if you are the second owner then FR's one year warranty does not applie to you. If the selling dealer said you still had factory warranty then they lied.

Vibe 6501
1 Prospector Canoe
2 Mtn. Bikes
4 Hiking Boots
Happy Vibe is offline   Reply With Quote