Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2015, 11:02 AM   #1

Warranty Repair Approval

My 2014 Prime Time Avenger has been at Camping World (formerly Tom Raper) for nearly 8 weeks now. Two of the weeks was at the direction of camping world waiting for the transition to finalize. Every time I call they say they are waiting on approval for Forest River to make the repairs. There is nothing major that needs done, all minor stuff in my opinion. Is it typical for it to take this long? I have heard stories of people taking them to dealers they did not buy from and it taking a long time, but I bought mine at this location. I have had to cancel two trips this far and if I don't have it by Friday I will be canceling a third.
Central Ohio
thetanu539 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 11:27 AM   #2
Site Team

Every time I am asked about the value of the warranty I reply by saying "it depends on your tolerance for pain" If you save $100 by having a repair covered by the selling dealer vs paying it have it done elsewhere, is it worth a round trip to that dealer and an 4-5 week period without the use of your RV.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 11:31 AM   #3
Professional Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
Every time I am asked about the value of the warranty I reply by saying "it depends on your tolerance for pain" If you save $100 by having a repair covered by the selling dealer vs paying it have it done elsewhere, is it worth a round trip to that dealer and an 4-5 week period without the use of your RV.
X2

TexasBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 11:33 AM   #4

No - its not normal, based on my experience. We had ours in 3 times for warranty work. Twice the dealer had answers in 24 hrs. Third time was a couple days. All fairly minor stuff, and the parts took a while in one case, but the answers should come back fairly quick if the dealer sent it in with whatever pictures and explanation the factory needs to make a decision.

Sounds like maybe the dealer isn't giving you the whole story. You could find the factory contact list in the library here and call the warranty manager for your brand to verify the dealer's story. I bet you get a different version of the truth.

And if it really is minor stuff, see if CW will give you back your trailer and schedule a time to come back in for the work so you aren't missing any trips. We did that, and it worked out well for everybody.

2022 Columbus 379MBC (Previous 2013 Rockwood Roo 23 IKSS)
2023 F-350 (Previous 2017 F250, 2005 F-150)
KMP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 11:51 AM   #5

Trust me on this. It's Camping World. Never trust them.

I called them (Akron, Ohio) on the phone to have a slide cable replaced. They told me one month without even asking about the make of the coach.

I would only take my rig there if I absolutely had to. If you search on this particular CW, you won't find many, if any, kind words about them.
KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 11:53 AM   #6

KG,

I have no experience with them so I appreciate the feedback. I bought my TT when the dealership was Tom Raper. They transitioned about 4-6 weeks ago to Camping World.
Central Ohio
thetanu539 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 12:01 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetanu539 View Post
KG,

I have no experience with them so I appreciate the feedback. I bought my TT when the dealership was Tom Raper. They transitioned about 4-6 weeks ago to Camping World.
Sorry but I can't help you on that one. I was thinking you were going to the one in Akron.

But I know Forest River has always treated me with respect and very fast at getting parts to me.

As general operating procedure, I never go to the one in Akron and will use any other CW as a last resort.

However, somewhere I did read a positive comment or two on CW's in other states.
KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 12:10 PM   #8

I have not had an answer from FR on my warranty claims, they tell me to get CW to call for verification but they are not open on the weekend, the local dealer will not warranty my 5er because I did not purchase it from them. I called Coach-Net technical support and they booked mine into a dealer, unfortunately it is 1.5 hours away but so is CW. They are now arraigning to get everything repaired. Coach-Net told me that they can always get it into a dealer.

2015 Siera 377FLIK
2014 Ford F350 KR
Maggie the new Chihuahua
Cricket the Chihuahua RIP
Steve & Jojo
stevewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 12:37 PM   #9
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Call prime time yourself.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1430242668352.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	158.3 KB
ID:	75496

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded, 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "2 nights"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 07:20 PM   #10

I have a few issues to address on my new trailer and I'm worried about how long the dealer will have it (Lazy Days, Tampa). If the service is no better than the sales process, it will be a waste of my time. It's all minor stuff, but I don't want to wait forever on parts. I'm making the call to them tomorrow.....
slapshot12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
repair, warranty