Closed Thread
Old 06-18-2016, 05:33 PM   #11
C/W is just like all the dealers, if you see something broken or needing work done the best time to get it fixed is before you sign the dotted line. If you need warranty work done then they make a appointment, there's always a line. I take my camper to get it fixed and if they order parts then I take camper home, if they can fix camper that day I stay with camper, if not camper goes home with me

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

2015 Cedar Creek 32RL
2012 Silverado 3500HD SRW
Old 06-18-2016, 07:26 PM   #12

Our first camper was from CW. Never again. PDI was good, but service sucked. Mine was in the shop for the first 3 months I owned it. 2 years later they wouldn't talk about a trade in unless I put money with it. I went to another independent dealer 200 miles away and they traded with me and I special ordered a Hemisphere. Less than a year later, the A/C went out and I again did not take it to CW. I took it to a local independent dealer. Not only did they work on it when they said they would, I had a new A/C, installed, and the camper was returned to me in 9 days. CW is in my past now. I have a new dealer that wants my business.

Old 06-18-2016, 07:34 PM   #13
Im sorry for your trouble, but buyer beware from CW, its all about the Sale. they could care less from there on, I avoid them completely except for parts I need immediately that they may have. I would never buy an RV from CW
2004 Cedar Creek 30RLBS
2015 RAM 3500 DRW 6.7 Cummins
Amateur Radio W5CI
2016 Days Camping 48
Old 06-18-2016, 07:46 PM   #14
A couple of weeks after I bought my RV, I got a letter from FR saying thanks but also if I had any problems with any dealer with scheduling, to call them(FR) and would help get it in and fixed. I think my letter is with my paperwork. I don't have the phone number handy but I know it's available on this forum. I would complain directly to FR. CW should have had all that stuff fixed but the company is no better than the people you are dealing with.
2016 Forester 2401WS MBS
Life is the cookie
Old 06-18-2016, 07:49 PM   #15
We all know all dealers are different just like all CW's are different . to bad you did not notice this stuff before you bought it .
Warranty works sucks for the tech's and CW alike most dealers don't seem to care much for warranty because more often then not it's hard to get paid .go in and offer to pay shop rate and parts and they get in day post haste . warranty work for techs is no pay for diag . 9 times out of 10 that takes long then the job . which if flat rate so to replace your door a tech may get 20 mins . no wonder their always rushing and why i will never work as an RV tech for flat rate .
Old 06-18-2016, 08:36 PM   #16
When you purchased at CW you should have received a note that stated if you have problems not being addressed to email Marquis, the CEO ~~ email address should be provided. I asked my service writer once WHO read them and did it do any good. She said Marquis reads them himself and no GM wants to hear from him. Suggest you use that email address.

CW dealers are not all alike. I have bought my last 2 campers from CW in Myrtle Beach ~ Sean the internet mgr handled the sales and many questions as well. I have never needed service during the prime tourist season but the times I wanted something done it was completed promptly. We rarely use the 5er during the time school is out.

We purchased the current 5er an hour after it arrived. We were 1st in after the battery was installed and 3 slides out. Gave a deposit and came back 4 days later for the PDI. Results of the PDI ~ nothing found,, same in the previous transaction. I would not hesitate to buy at CW in Fayetteville NC or Myrtle Beach SC. Any other CW will take some research for me to decide. My previous camper had zero warranty items. The 5er furnace was run for 10 minutes after the AC got the temp down. 1st trip it blew 2 fuses. Atwood sent a tech. After towing 4000 miles and 46 nights replaced a bulb, adjusted the screen door latch as it rubbed the island when slide was in , and adjusted the table ,,, that's it.
2016 Keystone Cougar 303RLS
2016 F350 diesel
Edgewater 205 EX 150 Yamaha
Old 06-18-2016, 09:17 PM   #17
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
When you purchased at CW you should have received a note that stated if you have problems not being addressed to email Marquis, the CEO ~~ email address should be provided. I asked my service writer once WHO read them and did it do any good. She said Marquis reads them himself and no GM wants to hear from him. Suggest you use that email address.
The CEO of Good Sam and Camping World is Marcus Lemonis (also star of the reality show THE PROFIT). For email try:

or visit this page: RV where you can link to the above address or re-post all your problems with the SPECIFIC CW into their "Marcus" forum for action.
Like Capn John...I'm not down on all CW's and have a few that have treated me well and solved my problems.

CW has announced they are gonna make Marcus a lot more money with an IPO guess is they will be concerned with keeping you happy.
I've also found my warranty guy at Georgetown/Forest River to be most helpful and reasonable. Go to the forest river site to find the name & # of your guy for your brand & give him a call.

Unlike Automotive...NO dealer has a legal obligation to fix any mfrs. product or service a particular coach. They make more by fixing out of warranty issues than the meager amounts mfr's will pay them. As others have made an unforced error in signing on the dotted line without personally doing a comprehensive PDI..mine took FOUR hours. Once you leave the lot with problems unsolved... at a variety of become a low priority.
I hope you get some help from Marcus or Forest is apparent your dealers people have treated you like crap. Good luck.
2015 Georgetown 280DS
2014 Vespa LX150 2014 StellaAuto 125
Old 06-18-2016, 09:30 PM   #18
So sorry about your problems. I bet you guys were really excited about using your new RV. I can just imagine the disappointment. It's too bad you have to deal with Camping World. They are the worst! All of them! Good luck, and let us all know how it turns out.

P.S.- this crap about having to have FR approve repairs is BS!
2015 Forest River Rockwood Signature Series Ultra Lite 8289WS w/Diamond pkg.
2014 RAM CTD 6.7 Tradesman 4WD Auto Crew Cab Long Bed
Old 06-18-2016, 10:11 PM   #19
Warranty work at CW

Camping world warrentee work is terrible. They made my issue worst. Went and picked up camper and it will never hit their lot again. If you live in Indiana you could contact the factory and have them fix the issues. Some have been able to have them fix big problems. As far as your tv and DVD. The usual problem is the video cord is plugged into the wrong spot in back of the DVD unit. A lot of people had this problem with their Grey Wolf.
2016 Grey Wolf 26rr
2005 Honda VTX 1300
2002 F150 5.4L extended cab 6.5 bed
Ron & Shirley (Empty Nesters)
Old 06-19-2016, 06:53 AM   #20
Our friend just purchased a new SOB TT from camping world in Hamilton, Ohio. He waited almost 6 weeks to pick up his new trailer as he wanted an awning added over the slide out. During this time they were to dewinterize it and have it checked out. They did a quick PDI, and now there are several things wrong. Even a chair that is broken and the unit still had anti freeze in it. They didn't do anything except add the awning. Of course, to fix anything the unit would have to go back and sit there for months. That is nuts! Avoid CW best advise to give any TT buyers.

2015 Windjammer 3029 Diamond Edition
2011 Ram 5.7 hemi
Ohio River Rat
2015 camping:59 nights
2016 camping: 49 nights with many more planned
Closed Thread