Old 09-30-2016, 04:55 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telstar View Post
Don't do it. The chemicals used at a truck are made to clean truck and will damage fiberglass RV exteriors.
I would agree, my daughter dated a fellow who worked at the Beacon truck stop near Elkton, Md. He told me they used a diluted solution of Hydroflouric acid which could do some bad things to gel coat and fiberglass finishes. It might clean the big semi's real good not sure I would want it for my RV though!

Old 09-30-2016, 05:02 PM   #12

Blue Beacon works for me, my Cedar Creek was awful dirty and Blue Beacon did a fantastic job for me. I had them put Rainx on. $51 bucks and worth every penny

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

spock123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 05:07 PM   #13

While they may use other stuff on trucks:

"Protects Your Investment
Blue Beacon uses only warm, soapy water for all recreational vehicle washing. When you include regular washing in your maintenance program, you not only reduce corrosion, you're adding value to your RV and Motorcoach equipment at trade-in-time. To protect your paint from fading and give it a high gloss shine, try our new WeatherShield™ or RainX® Complete paint protectants.:

(Upon customer request only, we will use our exclusive citrushine™ product, which is a mild citric acid solution; safe for all paint, aluminum and chrome finishes. We can also use our exclusive brightener product on your aluminum wheels, but again we do so only at customer request.)"

Source: RV Benefits
2014 Vespa LX150 2014 StellaAuto 125
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 07:33 AM   #14

We paid two guys that have a mobile auto washing business to wash our MH right on our driveway. Paid $80.00 and it included them wiping down the inside cab and windows, too.

2016 Forester 2291S Class C
2016 Jeep Wrangler
Old 10-01-2016, 08:06 AM   #15

We use Blue Beacon all the time. Been great for us.

Russell
Old 10-01-2016, 08:19 AM   #16

I wash big rigs there at times (Tractor trailers). Truckers refer to the Blue Beacon as the 'Streak'in Beacon' for good reason. Minimum wage employees do minimal wash jobs...
Old 10-01-2016, 09:12 AM   #17

RV Wash

We stayed at Orangewood RV park in Orange CA and while walking the dog I saw some guys washing an RV. They were doing a great job as far as I could see. There was a guy up on the roof washing it down and the other guy washing the sides. I asked the guy how much, he asked how long is the RV and I said 36 ft he said $80.00. So I said please wash mine. He said he could do it next week, darn we would be gone by then.

Now at another RV park in AZ, walking the dog there are guys washing a RV, we were only staying 2 nights so I just kept walking. I am thinking this is more common with parks having an arrangement with RV washers.

If my RV needs a wash and I be camping in a RV park I will be asking if they have someone that washes RVs and make an appointment if the price is right.

I used Blue Beacon once and was not impressed with the results, but it was entertaining to watch 6 or 8 people attack the job, they are fast.
Old 10-01-2016, 09:45 AM   #18
Site Team

Using a large vehicle wash facility can be OK IF done properly. The problem occurs when you have an inexperienced operator who is not familiar with RV's. The power washers that most of these places use will remove decals, lift caulk and damage window seals. In addition if the proper washing solution is not used it can damage the exterior finish. Most truck stops do not put their highly skilled diesel mechanics in the wash bay. Bottom line, you can not make a general recommendation for or against as it is totally dependent on the facility and the person operating the equipment the day you are there. .

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 65W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 10:08 AM   #19

Washing at Truck Wash? Recommended or Not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbjoe3 View Post
We stayed at Orangewood RV park in Orange CA and while walking the dog I saw some guys washing an RV. They were doing a great job as far as I could see. There was a guy up on the roof washing it down and the other guy washing the sides. I asked the guy how much, he asked how long is the RV and I said 36 ft he said $80.00. So I said please wash mine. He said he could do it next week, darn we would be gone by then.

Now at another RV park in AZ, walking the dog there are guys washing a RV, we were only staying 2 nights so I just kept walking. I am thinking this is more common with parks having an arrangement with RV washers.

If my RV needs a wash and I be camping in a RV park I will be asking if they have someone that washes RVs and make an appointment if the price is right.

I used Blue Beacon once and was not impressed with the results, but it was entertaining to watch 6 or 8 people attack the job, they are fast.

Your quote for $80.00 for your 36' was a great deal! Considering that's what I paid to wash our 22', without the top, once again I got the "South Orange County Price". I am really sick of that. Because of our zip code we get "special higher prices". Next time I will climb on a ladder and do it myself.

2016 Forester 2291S Class C
2016 Jeep Wrangler
Old 10-01-2016, 10:09 AM   #20

The campground I'm staying at for work charges $10 for a truck and $15 for a trailer, and you have to do the washing yourself.

You pay for the privilege of washing your stuff.

KingFisher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
truck