Old 10-01-2016, 11:21 AM   #21

River Plantation in Pigeon Forge TN has a rv wash just for rv's, they charge by the foot

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

spock123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 03:03 PM   #22

Thumbs up Blue Beacon

I've used blue beacon all over the country and have had no peoblems.

Old 10-01-2016, 09:05 PM   #23
Lost in time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
Using a large vehicle wash facility can be OK IF done properly. The problem occurs when you have an inexperienced operator who is not familiar with RV's. The power washers that most of these places use will remove decals, lift caulk and damage window seals. In addition if the proper washing solution is not used it can damage the exterior finish. Most truck stops do not put their highly skilled diesel mechanics in the wash bay. Bottom line, you can not make a general recommendation for or against as it is totally dependent on the facility and the person operating the equipment the day you are there. .
\
No truck stop I've ever been in, in the past 40 years had a 'mechanic' in any wash bay. Beacon's have wash jockeys, nothing more. Minimum wage paid kids, no skill involved, none needed.

In fact, no truck stop I've ever been in has a 'highly skilled mechanic". Most truck stop mechanics are merely tire changers and real mechanics are called diesel technicians today....

The Beacon is a rip off for the service rendered in ratio to the price charged and always has been.

One thing I do is, if I have to use a Beacon, I do but I insist they hand brush the body (no extra cost), use a wide spray nozzle (no extra cost) and when they finish, I pull out on the apron and get out and carefully inspect the job and if any areas are missed (including the wheels and lower skirts), I get the manager, show him or her and pull around and they get to do it again (at no cost).

For what they charge, I want it done right even if it takes more than once.

That is a nasty, wet generally crappy job, washing trucks and RV's and the employees make peanuts.
Old 10-01-2016, 09:21 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
\

No truck stop I've ever been in, in the past 40 years had a 'mechanic' in any wash bay. Beacon's have wash jockeys, nothing more. Minimum wage paid kids, no skill involved, none needed.

In fact, no truck stop I've ever been in has a 'highly skilled mechanic". Most truck stop mechanics are merely tire changers and real mechanics are called diesel technicians today....

The Beacon is a rip off for the service rendered in ratio to the price charged and always has been.

One thing I do is, if I have to use a Beacon, I do but I insist they hand brush the body (no extra cost), use a wide spray nozzle (no extra cost) and when they finish, I pull out on the apron and get out and carefully inspect the job and if any areas are missed (including the wheels and lower skirts), I get the manager, show him or her and pull around and they get to do it again (at no cost).

For what they charge, I want it done right even if it takes more than once.

That is a nasty, wet generally crappy job, washing trucks and RV's and the employees make peanuts.

My camper was filthy and Blue Beacon did a great job, I don't care who washes the camper. It cost $51 bucks, I would have paid more. I don't worry about what people get paid that works at some place, if I did I would never shop Walmart again or eat at Mc Donald's.

Old 10-01-2016, 09:31 PM   #25

I will not let anyone wash my Georgetown except myself.
My paint job is to good to be ruined by someone who doesn't care.
No pressure washers at all.

When in Mexico I get it hand washed , dried and hand waxed and wiped for $45 for my 38 ft Georgetown.

Iggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 09:44 PM   #26

I wash my camper sometimes but I'm getting a little pass 25 and it's just easier to pay to let someone else wash camper

Old 10-01-2016, 09:46 PM   #27

Send a message via Skype™ to Blackhat6mike
I have our TT washed at the Love's truck wash at exit 29 off I-95 in south GA. twice a year and use the Rain-X application. No problems and I have a full paint job with no decals. It cost $55 with the Rain-X. Works for me.
Aviator Wright Flyer #1919
"First In, Last Out". 11B4Y
DAV, MOPH, VFW, 5/7 Cav,1/8 Cav Assoc.
11th ABN Pathfinder Co. N7MIP
Blackhat6mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 02:22 PM   #28
Swift2

We have used Bamabobs aircraft on our 5er for about 3 years and love it. We got a small pump up spray bottle to soak up the bugs before using the wax on the front. The C is so smooth and bright and only takes 45 min. It really worked on our airplane for bugs as well.
Old 10-02-2016, 02:56 PM   #29
CCRVOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
Blue Beacon works for me, my Cedar Creek was awful dirty and Blue Beacon did a fantastic job for me. I had them put Rainx on. $51 bucks and worth every penny
X2, but full treatment was $62 for me in Michigan, somewhere..will use again.
2012 Dodge 3500, SLT Big Horn,CC,DRW,Cummins HO, EB, 4x4, 3:73, Retrax Pro, Q20, TST507, Garmin RV760, Sleek 4g
2014 Cedar Creek, 36CKTS, 640w Solar, TriStar MPPT 60, Magnum 2000w, PI EMS, WiFi Ranger Elite, Sleek 4g, Wingard DTV Traveler
Retired Army in 1995, and now retired in 2016
Ramblin Recks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 08:33 PM   #30
Flovern

Have used Blue Beacon for many years on my 40' class A with no problem.

Floyd Hardy

2011 Coachmen

Tags
truck