Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2015, 06:55 AM   #21

spray and shine

we got this at Camping World last year and it seems to do a pretty good job. just spray it on and buff it off, this is course after you have washed the trailer.
redcloud1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 08:29 AM   #22

I use Turtle wash and wax. I probably over do it by washing RV every two months minimum and if it gets dirty more. I do the roof with a cleaner and uv protector in the spring and in tbe fall.
Myrle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 11:01 AM   #23

My post was supposed to include spray and shine is what we got at Camping World
Old 06-02-2015, 01:15 PM   #24

What kind of wax

Been using Nu Finish for the last two years and seems to do pretty well. Anything to keep the bugs from sticking!
Filterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 01:42 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taranwanderer View Post
I tend to use dish soap on everything for washing and Meguier's RV Wax (I believe is used #56 the last time, not sure what the difference is.) 303, Armor All or some equivalent for the tires, rubber trim, slide seals, etc. I like the dryer sheet idea!
it's your choice to use whatever you like but be aware, dish soap is just about the worst thing you can use to wash any vehicle... its harsh enough to strip wax, which is kind of counterproductive to what you want.
steveh326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 08:37 AM   #26

The best polish I have ever used, after trying many over the years, is Blackfire Wet Diamond. It is pricy, used by pro detailers. It goes on and comes off easily and lasts quite awhile. It can be purchased at AutoGeeks.com. You won't be disappointed. Prior to application a wash with Dawn or Simple Green will remove oils and road film.

They also sell a spray on/ wipe off called Optimum Opticlean that I use on wheels and other hard to polish areas. Also a good product.
Brewhedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 06:08 AM   #27

Washing / Waxing Questions

I use Ducky Products
I waxed and sealed with FMJ sealer and i do follow ups with Quick Clean detailer
Great stuff and rv friendly
www.duckyproducts.com

07 Silverado Classic 2500 HD
15 Flagstaff 26fkws Emerald Edition
RiverPeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 10:16 PM   #28

Finally finished washing/waxing/protecting this evening. It took one day to wash, used the dish soap, as the camper didn't yet have a coat of wax on it. Thanks steveh326 for the tip about dish soap removing wax, I'll be avoiding that now.

A few other observations:

-Meguire's (despite its strange spelling) makes a nice RV wax-- that #56 goes on and comes off easily, and removes bugs, tree droppings, etc.

-my first go-around with 303 protectant. Reminds me of Armor All. Like, a lot. Anyone know if it's worth the extra cost?

-why does anyone make an awning with a white underside? Who does that? I'll tell you who--someone who doesn't have to worry about trying to keep it clean. Dark colors, FR!!!

-30' doesn't sound like much, but holy *#%€&@ Batman! A day to wash, then 6 evenings after work to clean/protect awnings, clean/protect roof, and wax the entire body by hand.

-the microfiber mop is a godsend for spreading protective chemicals on the roof and awnings, and for washing the sides. Microfiber cloth was great for removing wax.

I'm glad that's over. Thanks to everyone for the advice. Now to get camping this weekend. Happy 4th, All!
2019 Honda CRV (camping support vehicle)
2014 Harley Davidson FLHX (XLR cargo)
2011 Ram 2500 CC 4X4 CTD, B&W Companion (toy hauler hauler)
Taranwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 10:22 PM   #29
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Quote:
Finally finished washing/waxing/protecting this evening. It took one day to wash, used the dish soap, as the camper didn't yet have a coat of wax on it. Thanks steveh326 for the tip about dish soap removing wax, I'll be avoiding that now.

A few other observations:

-Meguire's (despite its strange spelling) makes a nice RV wax-- that #56 goes on and comes off easily, and removes bugs, tree droppings, etc.

-my first go-around with 303 protectant. Reminds me of Armor All. Like, a lot. Anyone know if it's worth the extra cost?

-why does anyone make an awning with a white underside? Who does that? I'll tell you who--someone who doesn't have to worry about trying to keep it clean. Dark colors, FR!!!

-30' doesn't sound like much, but holy *#%€&@ Batman! A day to wash, then 6 evenings after work to clean/protect awnings, clean/protect roof, and wax the entire body by hand.

-the microfiber mop is a godsend for spreading protective chemicals on the roof and awnings, and for washing the sides. Microfiber cloth was great for removing wax.

I'm glad that's over. Thanks to everyone for the advice. Now to get camping this weekend. Happy 4th, All!
And next time it'll have grown even bigger!
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 11:07 PM   #30
Bus Driver

Quote:

Yes, Well worth the extra cost. Armor All will dry-out and crack some surfaces over time. 303 does not. Mention Armor All to a high end Pro Detailer and watch his/her face get all twisted up
Deaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 04:24 AM   #31

I hate to admit this to you hard working folk. I make an appointment at the dealer to have the outside of the RV done once a year. We do a quick wash to keep the bug spots and windows clean but that's it.The inside is another matter, it gets dusted, washed ...etc on a very regular basis.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
dj3spots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 07:44 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
And next time it'll have grown even bigger!
Dear God, I hope not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaver View Post
Yes, Well worth the extra cost. Armor All will dry-out and crack some surfaces over time. 303 does not. Mention Armor All to a high end Pro Detailer and watch his/her face get all twisted up
Good to know. I knew that AA has its shortcomings--I always found that it attracts dust--but the cracking thing is news to me. Thanks.
2019 Honda CRV (camping support vehicle)
2014 Harley Davidson FLHX (XLR cargo)
2011 Ram 2500 CC 4X4 CTD, B&W Companion (toy hauler hauler)
Taranwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 09:51 AM   #33
fx2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj3spots View Post
I hate to admit this to you hard working folk. I make an appointment at the dealer to have the outside of the RV done once a year. We do a quick wash to keep the bug spots and windows clean but that's it.The inside is another matter, it gets dusted, washed ...etc on a very regular basis.

I have a mobile guy coming out next week to wash and wax mine before we leave on an 11 day trip. With my work schedule I'd never get it done. I had a long talk with him, he only does RVs and has different stuff he uses on the decals vs the fiberglass, seems to know what he is doing.
2002 Ford F250 7.3l 4x4
fx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 03:47 PM   #34

Quote:

Rather do it myself doesn't take long maybe an hour. Roof takes a couple hours wash and apply uv protector.
Myrle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 04:11 PM   #35

Hey fx2 where is this guy located? I'm disabled and it is a hard job for me to do it.
Old 07-03-2015, 04:56 PM   #36

Send a message via MSN to Tiggerdad
IMO, 303 does not last long enough to justify price.

2013 Crusader 330 MKS
2013 Chevrolet Silverado LT 2500 D/A
Tiggerdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 05:11 PM   #37
Left Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrle View Post
Rather do it myself doesn't take long maybe an hour. Roof takes a couple hours wash and apply uv protector.
Must be a little guy!
Old 09-18-2015, 07:20 PM   #38

I use Gel Coat Labs All Marine Surface Sealant on our 5r including graphics, no wax and protects from UV.
PhoneDude 8289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 07:30 PM   #39
Left Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackandjoanne View Post
I use Nu Finish, no wax, a polymer.
Works great over the gel coat and decals
x2
Old 09-18-2015, 07:44 PM   #40

Quote:

I share your view on this subject. Once a year and try to find Someone to do it for me. I'm not the type to spend hours and hours cleaning vehicles/Trailers. But that is just my lazy side. When I was younger, sure every weekend it was a ritual.

2012 F150 FX4 Crew 5.0
2012 Coachman Freedom Express 292BHDS (outdoor Kitchen)
Scubanut is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wax