Old 02-22-2013, 06:18 PM   #1

Washington DC

Planning on going to Washington DC 1st week of April. Any suggestions on nice places to stay that offer transportation into town. Plan on going to The arlington cemetery to some of the museums and to Mount Vernon am I missing anything we may regret? Taking my wife and 10 year old daughter.

Old 02-22-2013, 06:37 PM   #2
Just Love to Camp

Other is a campground in College Park, MD. Called Cherry Hill. Great campground. A bus will take you to the metro from the campground. We decided just to drive sine it was only like 5 miles from the campground. With hardly any traffic. That was also July 4 week. Also nice grocery store right up the road

2012 F450
Virginia
TheFordes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:48 PM   #3
Director, FROG

FROG has a trip to DC the first week of April for the Cherry Blossom Festival. Have you looked at that? We still have about five spots left. It includes five nights of full hookup camping at Cherry Hill Park in College Park, MD; seven meals; two full days and one evening of tours; scheduled times (no long lines) for the Capitol, National Archives, Ford's Theater, and Arlington National Cemetery; and more.

You can get information on it at www.forestriverfrog.com/Rally/#cherryblossom

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:57 PM   #4

That looks great and we were looking at that campground only problem is I have to be back on the 5th for work.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:26 PM   #5
Director, FROG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiocamper View Post
That looks great and we were looking at that campground only problem is I have to be back on the 5th for work.
The dreaded "W" word rears its ugly head again! If you stay at Cherry Hill, I hope you'll stop by to meet other members and maybe join us for breakfast one morning.

Bob Byrne
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
Old 02-22-2013, 07:52 PM   #6

If you have time and you go to the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum in DC, check with them and see if they still have a free shuttle that runs from the museum downtown to the Smithsonians National Air and Space Museum Steven F. Udvar Hazy Center in Chantilly VA, it is almost 1,000,000 Sq Ft, it the newest of the two museums, this is where the Space Shuttle Discovery now lives. I started working there one year before the museum open and left there 7 months ago right after the Discovery was delievered and set up and before I left I was permitted to get inside of the Discovery and take pictures. I am happy to say that I was honored to work there for 9 years. They open Phase II about three years ago this is the Restoration Hanger and it moved from Suitland MD.....The Best thing to do is go on line to all of the places you would like to see, the Hazy center has alot of events coming up in the spring, like Become "A Pilots Day" You shuld read up on this....Enjoy your trip and be safe.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:58 PM   #7

One other thing, when I first started at the Hazy Center they had plan on making an RV park in the back of the museum off of Rt 50 but when they started the Restoration hanger they put it on hold????
Old 02-24-2013, 03:14 PM   #8

Ok Ive talked to the wife and we might be able to get around the work schedule. Is the frog trip still available or has it filled up?
Old 02-24-2013, 09:15 PM   #9
Director, FROG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiocamper View Post
Ok Ive talked to the wife and we might be able to get around the work schedule. Is the frog trip still available or has it filled up?
I know that we're not full. I think there are about three spots left.

Bob Byrne
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
Old 02-25-2013, 08:11 PM   #10

Alright paperwork sent please let me know if we make it