Old 11-05-2018, 01:25 AM   #1

Water and sewage at a remote property with no hook up.

Tying to get an idea here.

Long story short my wife does not want to keep our camper at the house anymore. Leave it at that. I have found 10-15 acre properties with a lease to own option that is not much more than a quality storage spot but they are 2-2.5 hours away and have no hook ups. No electric within 5 miles also itís in an area that we love to camp in anyway.

What am I getting my self into getting a campsite and a water and sewer setup going. I can run the whole trailer off my generator and maybe some solar.

Realistically what are my options for water and sewer. It is 5-6 miles down a forest service road.

My thoughts are I can put in a water tank on an elevated hill. Us a large plastic tank that fits in the truck to refil it when needed. Like two matching 159 gallon tanks. One in the ground and one that I keep on site and can put in the truck or hell I could use 3 food grade barrels . I doubt I could get any sort of water service. But I can make do as long as feezing doesnít become an issue.

Black water is what has me concerned. I donít think I will be able to get septic in the near future. What are my options?

I have heard of people port a potty service to dump into but I doubt they would service the location.

quicky06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 07:01 AM   #2

Lease to own 10-15 acres just for storage close to where you like to Camp,why would you want to invest Lots of $$$$$ for this? Trucking in Water/trucking Out Black Water/trucking in Fuel for Genny plus Storing all of the Containers needed for this Transportation Nightmare! To drill a well and septic system (If Allowed by Code) will also be very Costly $$$$$! With NO Guarantees of WATER! More Secure storage may be in order! Youroo!!

Old 11-05-2018, 07:11 AM   #3
Head Rambler

You've kinda got the fresh water figured out. I might get a bladder that sits in the bed of the truck to haul it in and then a 12 volt water pump to transfer it from the bladder to the tank(s).

As for the black water I'd get a large tote and sit it in the bed of the truck and use a macerator to empty the onboard holding tank into the waste tote and transport that to a dumping station if you don't have access to a sanitary sewer cleanout at home.
Old 11-05-2018, 07:14 AM   #4

Outhouse. Problem solved.
Old 11-05-2018, 07:26 AM   #5
Site Team

You can get an outside composting toilet to use while you decide. My bigger concern would be security. Based on your description, it seems like your TT would be a prime target for someone wanting to take it for a hunting lodge or remote drug lab.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 08:35 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Lease to own 10-15 acres just for storage close to where you like to Camp,why would you want to invest Lots of $$$$$ for this? Trucking in Water/trucking Out Black Water/trucking in Fuel for Genny plus Storing all of the Containers needed for this Transportation Nightmare! To drill a well and septic system (If Allowed by Code) will also be very Costly $$$$$! With NO Guarantees of WATER! More Secure storage may be in order! Youroo!!
I donít plan on invest in lots of money on it. Itís a lease to own with a 15 year term that is around $175 a month with discounts for paying it off early. Think more of owner financed sale. The genny uses 5 gallons of gas running the ac did a weekend thatís not a concern. I can store the containers in a shed on-site.

Itís not the campsite in the area we like itís the area we like and I can hunt from there.
Old 11-05-2018, 08:36 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnflyboy View Post
Outhouse. Problem solved.
While I agree my wife surely does not. The outhouse situation is half the reason why Ian a trailer instead of still tent camping.
Old 11-05-2018, 08:45 AM   #8
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

Might be cheaper to just buy a new house with more property so that you can park the camper out of sight from the kitchen window!

JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 08:45 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
You can get an outside composting toilet to use while you decide. My bigger concern would be security. Based on your description, it seems like your TT would be a prime target for someone wanting to take it for a hunting lodge or remote drug lab.
Security is one of my biggest concerns. But the way I see it it is no bigger concern there than it is in my subdivision. We had 6 diesel trucks stolen from my subdivision during the night while the owners were home. All within the same week. Al you can do is slow a Thief down.

As far as security on site the remoteness of the site would be both good and bad. Itís 6 miles down a gravel forest service road that Iím not sure how I would pass someone. There are 10 other lots about the same size in the ď developmentĒ. Other than that is sourounded by mark twain National forest, a private 500 acre conservation area. And 20 minutes from anything.

In my mind I have the idea of having the campsite set up 4-500 feet away from the road giving it plenty of trees between it andanywhere someone can see it. Same cables through the wheels and a anchor point to chain the axlesvto the ground is all I can do other than tongue locks.

I donít know. Iím just trying to get opinions at this time
Old 11-05-2018, 08:47 AM   #10

Composting toilet and freshwater tank or bladder in the truck bed - problem solved.

Tags
remote, water