Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2018, 02:37 PM   #1

Water Flow through TT Plumbing System

Time to de-winterize my 2017 Flagstaff 25KS. This will be my first time doing so. Had a question about the water flow. When I winterized I pushed the antifreeze from the external antifreeze fill valve through the water pump to all faucets. Of course, that left antifreeze in the fill hose, the water pump, the filter and all lines.

Please confirm the following is correct: after draining antifreeze through the low point drains I must initially flush the residual antifreeze from the lines before and after pump and from filter canister by running some water from the fresh water tank. This will clear the lines (and pump and canister) that are otherwise bypassed when using the city water connection. Once clear water is flowing through the pump, canister and all faucets I can continue to clean the lines out and fill the water heater by using water from the city connection.

This newbie thanks you for your guidance.
travelchief60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 02:45 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelchief60 View Post
Time to de-winterize my 2017 Flagstaff 25KS. This will be my first time doing so. Had a question about the water flow. When I winterized I pushed the antifreeze from the external antifreeze fill valve through the water pump to all faucets. Of course, that left antifreeze in the fill hose, the water pump, the filter and all lines.

Please confirm the following is correct: after draining antifreeze through the low point drains I must initially flush the residual antifreeze from the lines before and after pump and from filter canister by running some water from the fresh water tank. This will clear the lines (and pump and canister) that are otherwise bypassed when using the city water connection. Once clear water is flowing through the pump, canister and all faucets I can continue to clean the lines out and fill the water heater by using water from the city connection.

This newbie thanks you for your guidance.
that sounds like the way to do it. Don't forget your shower hoses and toilet.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 02:46 PM   #3
Site Team

It is usually standard procedure to sterilize the water system when you dewinterize. add 1/4 cup of bleach per 15-20 gal capacity of FW tank. Turn on water pump and let water run at each faucet ( incl toilet, showers) until bleach water comes out. Close faucets and let sit for 6-12 hours. Drain FW tank and refill with fresh water. Turn on water pump and run each faucet until bleach flushed out. Drain FW tank and water lines and you are ready to go. Now switch WH bypass to summer mode. Some people switch WH bypass before running the bleach solution. Your option.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 10:44 AM   #4

Sounds good, do the same on pushing the new water through high points first then to lower. I would not put any bleach in the water heater at all, just water. Not saying it is wrong either. Forest River has instructions on their website (Forest River RV Online Owners Manuals) online how to winterize, dewinterize, and clean your holding tanks.

Good luck
Moosey1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
plumbing, water, water flow