Old 11-23-2014, 11:55 AM   #1
Water leak in TH pass thru

Well, just found where the water comes in. Others may want to check this area also. Seems they came up a 1/4" short with the exterior skin, on both sides too. Any suggestions for repair? Butyl dosent work because of too much flex. 2010 Stealth Toyhauler.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	144.0 KB
ID:	66782  

cafirefhtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 12:46 PM   #2
Ret E-9 Anchor-clanker
At first try I would use exterior non-drying caulking (flex seal in a tube (as seen on tv)). Keeping an eye on how much seperation occurs after any TT movement.

Don & Dona W/yorkies Gizmo, Master Chief, & Tali
2011 Flagstaff 8528 BHSS 2015 Ford 6.7 XLT
2010 Full Timers & Still Going
donanddona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 01:14 AM   #3
I think you should take advice from contractor, as they are expert in repairing. Recently I shifted in denver, my house walls were having leakage problem then it was repaired from denver structural engineer and due to this problem , rooms have to be remodelled.
stevemartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 06:37 AM   #4
I would put some dicor lap sealant on it
iceblaze580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 07:30 AM   #5
I had a leak in the same spot on my 2006 Flagstaff. I pulled the front trim off and cleaned it real well. I took Eternabond and wraps the corner with it and then put the trim piece back on. The Eternabond was slightly visible on the side but, no more than caulk. I think too a thin clean bead of caulk and ran it down the side.

Proflex is a good caulk and you can find it at any RV store. I've also had good luck with QUAD OSI Caulk which you can get from Home Depot or Lowes. My RV dealer actually recommended it to me as it has the same ingredients if you will than the Proflex but, it's 1/3 of the cost.

Dicor Lap sealant is for the roof typically as it's self leveling so it would possibly run all over if used on a vertical surface.

Also X2 on the sidewall, if they would make it 1/4 longer it would have been perfect.
2012 Keystone Sprinter
Still sticking around for the good people and advice.
Flagstaffer06 is offline   Reply With Quote

leak, water, water leak