Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-10-2015, 10:36 AM   #1

Water Pressure Regulator

Do you place this on the hose at the TT or at the faucet / water supply?

Thanks!!
CaptainJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 10:39 AM   #2

Attach to city water inlet and attach hose.
Fuzzy164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 10:48 AM   #3

You may place it any where in line , most will place at water inlet !
wanderingbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 11:16 AM   #4

I attach the regulator at the supply faucet and attach my hose to it. This way my hose and trailer water lines are protected.

Bob
retiredcamper47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 11:18 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJohn View Post
Do you place this on the hose at the TT or at the faucet / water supply?

Thanks!!
I put mine on the faucet for no others reason that hanging off the my RV puts lot pressure on the plastic fitting.
Sold 2016 Keystone Montana 3711FL
Sold - 2015 Crusader 315RST 5th Wheel -
2015 Ford F350 SRW Cargo Capacity 3744
CWSWine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 07:00 PM   #6

If we use the regulator I have almost no water pressure , which means the regulator is working. I understand the lines are "supposed " to be good for 60psi, if I remember correctly. I purchased a water pressure gauge from home depot which I hook up to the campground water supply to get a reading. I have yet to see one above 40psi. If I get a low reading like that I do not use the regulator. I will also check it a couple of times throughout the day, looking for variations in the pressure so far it remains pretty constant. I don't have a great deal of time invested in camping so far. I am hoping that will be changing each year. I will usually walk the campground and see what others are using. I usually don't see many with regulators, I also don't see many using the surge protector for their camp power ( I ALWAYS use mine ). Am I doing things wrong by playing Russian Roulette with my water supply, or do I need a better water regulator ? I have 2 regulators and I don't see any difference in the water flow. I am a work in progress and still learning.
Charles Firth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 07:07 PM   #7

Last time I checked my setup, I got only drips at the faucet. With the help of the forum I was convinced to remove/clean the faucet strainer and sure enough, there was a small amount of grit. Reconnected and water pressure has been great ever since !
Old 10-10-2015, 07:35 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Firth View Post
If we use the regulator I have almost no water pressure , which means the regulator is working. I understand the lines are "supposed " to be good for 60psi, if I remember correctly. I purchased a water pressure gauge from home depot which I hook up to the campground water supply to get a reading. I have yet to see one above 40psi. If I get a low reading like that I do not use the regulator. I will also check it a couple of times throughout the day, looking for variations in the pressure so far it remains pretty constant. I don't have a great deal of time invested in camping so far. I am hoping that will be changing each year. I will usually walk the campground and see what others are using. I usually don't see many with regulators, I also don't see many using the surge protector for their camp power ( I ALWAYS use mine ). Am I doing things wrong by playing Russian Roulette with my water supply, or do I need a better water regulator ? I have 2 regulators and I don't see any difference in the water flow. I am a work in progress and still learning.
We use an adjustable water regulator to get a higher pressure & flow. Some campgrounds have higher pressures some not so much. As far as to surge protector many campers have them built in. But honestly we bought our first last year & have never had issues but with RVs electric systems becoming more complicated & expensive we have started using one.

Off subject have you camped at Newport News Park we camped there a lot when we lived in Grafton 25 years ago.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 07:39 PM   #9
Canadian Member

I put it on the campground's supply faucet. That way it protects my hose and doesn't put any strain (weight) on the plastic city water inlet on the trailer.
2011 Rockwood Signature 8293SS (2015 - 2018)
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 07:48 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaklevel View Post
We use an adjustable water regulator to get a higher pressure & flow. Some campgrounds have higher pressures some not so much. As far as to surge protector many campers have them built in. But honestly we bought our first last year & have never had issues but with RVs electric systems becoming more complicated & expensive we have started using one.

X 2 on the adjustable water regulator.

I have the portable SP. Just in case the site pedestal has problems, I can check another site without moving the TT.

And 10-4 on the expen$ive!
Nights camped 2016 = 25
Nights camped 2017 = 13
Nights camped 2018 = 3
Timex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 05:56 PM   #11

Oaklevel. I live about 8 miles from Newport News park. It is a beautiful park, but too close to home for me. Besides, I like full hookups for my convenience, and I prefer to use my own shower. It would be kinda like camping in my driveway. They stay pretty busy there with tons of close attractions, Williamsburg, Jamestown, Yorktown to mention a few. I enjoy Hatteras and am looking for a nice campground in the Va mountains that I can visit several times a year, to get my piece and quite.
Charles Firth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pressure, water