Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-21-2014, 10:12 PM   #1

We made it!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1398135825.608172.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	50661
Here's our new 2014 Wildcat 185br on our first trip last weekend. We've camped at music festivals for years in what we lovingly called the Conestoga wagon. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1398135938.172790.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	50662 but after a terrible rain storm that prevented us from putting the tent up I put my foot down. It was time to be more civilized. We had a good experience with only a few snafoos. I followed lots of advice from this forum and appreciated everyone's helpful hints. We were also fortunate to have experienced RVers with us. I have one question though. I bought the Rhino sewer hose and I'm wondering what people store it in. It's too big for the bumper. Do you take it all apart?
laurarice26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:47 PM   #2

Here's a thought, go buy yourselves a "bed in the bag".
My wife buys these, they come with all the fixins to make a bed, use the sheets and pillow cases for the trailer.
Keep the plastic bag the sheets and comforter came in, usually these bags have a zipper.
Anyway you can toss all the hose and connections in the bag. Then toss this in the back of the truck when your Towing/moving.
Just a quick thought actually as my wife just bought a new "bed in the bag" for this years camping.

John
Rupkin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:19 AM   #3

We have a couple of big blue plastic bags made by Ziploc that are similar to those you get when you buy a new bedding set - they are very sturdy and useful for hoses and such - they are assembled like a suitcase where it has a zipper around the three edges on top about 8 inches deep with handles - got them at Lowes a few years back and still fine
heavynlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 06:14 AM   #4
NELA

DH and I currently use one of the round "wreath storage" plastic boxes, which I got on sale from WalMart last season.
Might be a big bulky for smaller rigs, but fits easily in our pass through storage.
We planning on doing the 5" PVC fence post mod when DH gets a "roundtuit".

You can search for it here on the forum. 5" fence post with end caps mounted underneath the trailer or under the back bumper.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 06:42 AM   #5

We use a large plastic storage bin with lid. This keeps our sewer hose, all fittings and other sewer equipment - even our black tank flushing hose - sequestered from everything else. Rides nicely in the bed of the truck.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 08:17 AM   #6

I don't have the rhino, but I just curl mine up inside a 5 gallon bucket. Hard to believe it fits, but it does nicely. Oh, you could even get a bucket with a lid.

2000 Cherokee 31BH, "flipped axles and raised",LEDs, solar, inverter, etc..aka "boondock ready". '07 Tundra 5.7L DC-LB, modded as well.