Old 04-06-2011, 01:00 PM   #1

We Now Know the Truth

Wow! My thread has been closed!

It is clear to me that he doesn't understand that a 30' 5th wheel is not the same as a 43' toy hauler that is not even manufactured in the same plant. It seems foolish to me that he would think that things that applied to his rig must certainly apply to all others. Before putting forth his "knowledgeable statements" he should take a look at the XLR website. The facts are:

1) The email I sent to him clearly states that the anticipated build start date is 4/14 - more than 7 weeks after the order receipt date.

2) The email clearly states that FR has not yet sent a confirming PO back to the dealer, after more than 7 weeks.

3) The email clearly states the build time will be 2.5 - 3 weeks.

4) Taking a look at the XLR website will show that a glass cooktop and convection microwave are standard items. In actuality, neither of these items are standard, and neither are options.

5) The XLR website does not list all available decor selections. Even the dealers are confused.

6) There is no accurate list of available options - not on their website, not on their order form, and not on their brochure. I am paying for the following options: slide mounted electric awning, equa-flex suspension, slide topper awnings, 3rd AC in garage, outside shower, and wireless remote. None of these options are on the "Options List"

Old 04-06-2011, 01:08 PM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Just wondering since I didn't see it mentioned.

Any special paint on the body? Just asking because that added 2 weeks to our 6-8 week delivery and it took 10 weeks from the date it was ordered. FR doesn't do their own painting. Due to multi-colored paint schemes the paint process takes quite some time.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 01:09 PM   #3
(Kim)

Hi, rickfox

All I can say is...let it go.....

I read the threads from the other post, and I was very surprised and disappointed at how you were treated.
But....just move on......ok?

Btw,
I hope you get your trailer ASAP
DH (Alan), DD (Madison) and Zoey the lab,
Labzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 01:14 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labzy View Post
Hi, rickfox

Agree !!

Rickfox, I hate to close 2 threads in 1 day, but it can happen. I also edited out several flaming remarks from your 1st post. Play nice.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 01:16 PM   #5

Labzy,

It's a shame that FR is not willing to let the truth be told, and then constructively try to improve the situation. It is already bringing their credibility down as I have gotten private messages reflecting your pint of view.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:24 PM   #6
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labzy View Post
Hi, rickfox

I read the threads from the other post, and I was very surprised and disappointed at how you were treated.
But....just move on......ok?

Btw,
I hope you get your trailer ASAP
Most often a little ranting is to be expected, but once it becomes personal between members, sometimes discretion is the better part of valor.

I tried to give a countdown to allow you (Rick) to make a final post, but we received several post reports on that thread and another moderator made the call.

Once a thread stops being "informative" and starts generating hard feelings, we, "the Gatekeepers" get involved. I love helping folks; hate being a cop; but like anything else, someone has to in order to keep the peace.

When a thread becomes more about WHOs right instead of WHATs right; no one benefits any more and the thread needs to be closed.

I hope you do get your camper soon and enjoy it to the max.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 02:20 PM   #7

Lou,

I will do my best to play nice.

Now back to my original objective - to address the issue of delivery dates, to detail some of the hurdles that confront me, and to even perhaps find a way and some support on overcoming them.

First, I am learning now from experience not to necessarily place much stock in quoted delivery dates.

Second, if you do not actively participate in managing the delivery date, it will surely take more time than quoted. FR has been slow to respond in regard to scheduling and apparently has problems managing their production. The squeeky wheel will get the more grease.

One important area seems to be the paperwork. After 7 weeks, the dealer has not yet received a confirmation PO from FR.

Additionally, the lender typically requires a copy of the Manufacturers Statement of Origin. I have been told that this document travels with the trailer as it gets shipped, and will not be available until the trailer actually arrives at the dealer. In my case, I must then send a copy to the lender who will then start the documentation effort. According to the lender it will then take about 5 working days (processing the loan document, overnighting it back and forth etc.) to complete the financial task. Currently, even in this age of Internet communications, FR (at XLR) has no procedure for making a copy of this document and sending it ahead of time to the dealer. What gives? Fixing this problem alone will improve the deliverly date to the end customer by a week.

At the very least, customers hoping to receive their trailers should be aware of this. Hopefully others can get involved and help me fix this problem. Perhaps other problems can be addressed and fixed also.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:44 PM   #8
Head Rambler

I think you're way over blowing this but that's just my opinion after reading the two threads.

I can address the MSO issue. The MSO is a legal document and since it's a statement of origin it doesn't even exist legally until the unit is built, so there's no way they can copy it and send it to you early. Even if they copied it and sent it to you after they built it, a copy isn't legal and the lender couldn't accept it.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:33 PM   #9

Dude, It almost sounds to me that you will never be happy with Forest River, or a Forest River Product, and need to find another RV. The dealer or Forest River will never get your rig right for you because you are mad, you will always find something wrong with the rig no matter what, it's time to walk away, and find something else.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:39 PM   #10
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Rambler View Post
I think you're way over blowing this but that's just my opinion after reading the two threads.
Bama thanks for the MSO clarification.

As to the above; for my own education; when you said "you're" were you referring to the OP or the way the moderators handled it?

There was quite a bit of back channel moderator discussion before we took action to close the thread due to the tone of the comments. Always looking for another point of view.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote