Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-16-2018, 05:53 AM   #21
(Dry Huunday)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Have one but it's WAY easier to carry water from my home. And I know it'll taste good.
Bingo! I always carry at least a 1/3 of a tank, no matter where I am camping! and ya never know when you might need some water!

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 07:44 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaklevel View Post
Be sure to let us know how much the scale weight is as compared to the estimates.

My guess is that it weighs more that your estimate......
My numbers were from actually weighing everything with a small scale. The weight for the Hensley Hitch comes from Hensley. The only thing I estimated was clothing and food. I will weigh the new TT on the way home from the dealer. I want to see how that scale compares to the factory. I don't believe they will be much different but I don't expect them to be both the same. Then I will weigh the first trip out to see how my "small scale" numbers compare to weighing everything.
Hensley Hitch
Cabinfever97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 05:31 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabinfever97 View Post
My numbers were from actually weighing everything with a small scale. The weight for the Hensley Hitch comes from Hensley. The only thing I estimated was clothing and food. I will weigh the new TT on the way home from the dealer. I want to see how that scale compares to the factory. I don't believe they will be much different but I don't expect them to be both the same. Then I will weigh the first trip out to see how my "small scale" numbers compare to weighing everything.
Anything that the dealer added including propane and options will not be in the "yellow sticker" factory weight.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 04:09 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by W5CI View Post
I guess I am missing something, Why do you people travel with a Full Water tank. If you are going hundreds of miles to dry camp surely there is somewhere to fill up before arrival.
1. Trailer actually rides better with the tank full.

2. In Colorado, many parks shut off the water system the end of September, and don't turn it back on until late May. Lots of good weekends between those dates.

3. At Arches NP and Dead Horse Point SP in eastern Utah, there is very limited to no water. Other Utah NPs have one spigot for non-tent campers in the entire campground.

4. The quality of the water is known. Many places in Colorado, Texas, Utah, New Mexico do not have good-tasting water.

just our experiences
Fred W
2014 Rockwood A122 A-frame
2008 Hyundai Entourage minivan
camping Colorado and adjacent states one weekend at a time
pgandw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 04:49 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaklevel View Post
Anything that the dealer added including propane and options will not be in the "yellow sticker" factory weight.
Right, I will account for propane and battery.
Hensley Hitch
Cabinfever97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 05:24 PM   #26

We carry about twenty gallons, we always drink bottled water, normally a case. We use the bathroom when traveling.
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 09:43 PM   #27

I carry some water to reduce my tongue weight. FWT is aft and without water I'm at 16%...
S.E. Mich. Flagstaff 26FKWS / 2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost SCrew Propride
SailorSam20500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 03:47 PM   #28

Emptied our old 2011 Windjammer 2102W to clean it out and trade up (it served us very well) need more room to spend summers up north.

About 1,000 lbs of stuff, no food or clothes.

Old 03-20-2018, 05:08 PM   #29
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
We carry about twenty gallons, we always drink bottled water, normally a case. We use the bathroom when traveling.

Maybe consider a Berkey Water Filter. Clean water from any source. We cut back on our bottled water purchasing from 10-12 gallons + a case of water per week. We haven’t bought more than a couple of gallons and a case or two of water in 2 years since buying the Berkey. This thing has well paid for itself.