Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-20-2010, 07:49 AM   #21
Site Team

My point is that the place that sold it to you is way more likely to correct anything you find on the spot than someone who didn't.

Think of it this way. You get a brand new RV and when it's delivered there's a problem. You take it ot the guy down the street and he looks at it and says to himself, why do I even want to work on this thing since I didn't make a dime off it. Warranty reimbursement barely covers the expenses, if it even does that, so he's not going to give a rat about your problem even if he decides to take it. If he does take it it may sit on his lot for months until he has nothing else to do before he looks at it.

We were on vacation and had a small problem and went to a dealer that right out told me that no matter how far I was from home he didn't do warranty work on trailers that he didn't sell. Is that right? NO, but it's real.

Just take those things into consideration when deciding on whether to pick it up or have it delivered.

I'm not trying to sway your decision, I just want you to have all the facts.