I feel like I've read this argument before.
Let me try to summarize it:
- Some people believe that pulling over your ratings open up your liability.
- Some people do not believe it.
- Some people believe that exceeding ratings is extremely unsafe.
- Some people believe that exceeding ratings (somewhere between a little and a lot) can be done safely.
- Some people believe other people should mind their own business.
Did I get it right? Otherwise, please... by all means- continue arguing where neither side will likely ever see the other's point.