Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2016, 03:28 PM   #41
Senior Member
 
Iwannacamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 4,370
One more thing unrelated. When my trailer was totaled. I worried about stuff being in order and transportable. When the transport company picked it up...he did a lot of damage trying to close OK and strapping together. He never looked inside. Didn't check anything. I could have taken anything I wanted. Lord kept me honest. I didn't even take the spare. I only took some stuff I bolted on....and my EMS of course.


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________

__________________
2017 Puma 297RLSS
2005 Ram 2500 4X4 diesel
Our new 5er 10-26-16
Iwannacamp is offline  
Old 05-16-2016, 03:34 PM   #42
Senior Member
 
B and B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Wilmot Twp, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 8,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwannacamp View Post
One more thing unrelated. When my trailer was totaled. I worried about stuff being in order and transportable. When the transport company picked it up...he did a lot of damage trying to close OK and strapping together. He never looked inside. Didn't check anything. I could have taken anything I wanted. Lord kept me honest. I didn't even take the spare. I only took some stuff I bolted on....and my EMS of course.


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Off topic again. A replacement trailer in the cards? Very sad when i saw the pictures. We had a trailer next to us that happened to in winter of 2014. The insurance was replacement cost but still out of pocket for deck, setup fees, camp owner fees to move on the lot.
__________________

__________________
B and B is offline  
Old 05-16-2016, 04:51 PM   #43
Senior Member
 
Iwannacamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 4,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
Off topic again. A replacement trailer in the cards? Very sad when i saw the pictures. We had a trailer next to us that happened to in winter of 2014. The insurance was replacement cost but still out of pocket for deck, setup fees, camp owner fees to move on the lot.
I am planning each day... DW is saying to wait till money is better....means we wont get one. LOL Naw I am hoping to have one in a few months. We have had a load of expenses and extra work. Father passed away(executor of the estate), took his house on to rent(don't want to work forever), remodeling a 60 YO house isn't fun, now storm damage to clean up and repair house as well as other projects continually going on. Bla Bla

Thank you for caring
__________________
2017 Puma 297RLSS
2005 Ram 2500 4X4 diesel
Our new 5er 10-26-16
Iwannacamp is offline  
Old 05-16-2016, 05:59 PM   #44
Senior Member
 
CWSWine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 1,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustman_stx View Post
Please elaborate on how to get a common drunk to pay for a million dollar settlement. BTW, I know of no state that has a $250 fine for drunk driving. The fine is much heftier than that. And, if a drunk was to kill someone they'd likely be tried for Involuntary Manslaughter. So there would be criminal charges.
You must live a shelter life. I've owned my own business and been doing payroll for 35 years and over the years I probably had 100 employees that had court ordered garnishments of up to 60% of the gross pay before taxes. Granted, most of them are for child support but I have several over criminal damage to property and auto accidents. One was for half of a 10 million dollar accident and the guy that worked for me co-signed for son and his name was on the title and son was in the accident. These people loss their income tax returns and can bill the estate after death. No, you can't declare bankruptcy on court order judgement.

Yes in my state you can get off with 250 fine for your first DUI if you are will to go to class and community service.

The drunk kid in our town hit a couple dozen cars to tune 80,000 and yes insurance paid for all the cars but the kid has judgement against him to reimburse the insurance companies for the claims plus 2% over prime for interest charge.
__________________
2017 Fleetwood Discovery LXE 40D Diesel Pusher 41 foot. CC 5740
2017 Solitude 310GK-R Pick Up Oct 24th.
2016 GMC Denali 1 ton Cargo Capacity 3722 lbs
Sold 2016 Keystone Montana 3711FL
Sold - 2015 Crusader 315RST 5th Wheel -
2015 Ford F350 SRW Cargo Capacity 3744
CWSWine is offline  
Old 05-16-2016, 06:18 PM   #45
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWSWine View Post
You must live cave somewhere.. If drunk gets in a accident and is brought into civil court and there is awards the against the drunk what happens is:

This List of how gets paid first..
1. The insurance get the amount of the claim repaid plus court cost if any.
2. The lawyer gets paid.
3. What is left over goes to the guy he hit.

No, they don't not denied paying the claim but recoup the cost of it if it goes to court.

As far as after market parts - Guess why they have a disclaimer on them. If there wasn't a chance of being sued for causing a accident they won't have them.

Try to read this...................Do it slow, because I can't..........You must live cave somewhere.. If drunk gets in a accident and is brought into civil court and there is awards the against the drunk what happens is:

Reading this makes my head hurt....................
__________________
2016 Rockwood ROO 233S


2013 Ford F150 3.5 ECO SCREW
TT233S is offline  
Old 05-16-2016, 07:28 PM   #46
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Warsaw,NC
Posts: 4,284
I don't really see how a lawyer or anyone else is going to know if you were overloaded when you had a accident, pick up all the pieces and weigh them. Oh yes they would probably ask the weight police. Think about all the commercial trucks you meet on the highway and probably half or more overloaded, running recap tires and the hammer down. I don't even think about the few campers that are maybe a little overloaded


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________
2015 Cedar Creek 32RL
2012 Silverado 3500HD SRW
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ignhavefun.gif
spock123 is offline  
Old 05-16-2016, 07:40 PM   #47
fx2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 418
Weight Police!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWSWine View Post
You must live a shelter life. I've owned my own business and been doing payroll for 35 years and over the years I probably had 100 employees that had court ordered garnishments of up to 60% of the gross pay before taxes. Granted, most of them are for child support but I have several over criminal damage to property and auto accidents. One was for half of a 10 million dollar accident and the guy that worked for me co-signed for son and his name was on the title and son was in the accident. These people loss their income tax returns and can bill the estate after death. No, you can't declare bankruptcy on court order judgement.

Yes in my state you can get off with 250 fine for your first DUI if you are will to go to class and community service.

The drunk kid in our town hit a couple dozen cars to tune 80,000 and yes insurance paid for all the cars but the kid has judgement against him to reimburse the insurance companies for the claims plus 2% over prime for interest charge.

Edited to delete comment. I misread your post.
__________________
2014 Surveyor SC321BHTS
2016 Nissan Titan XD SL4x4 Cummins
fx2 is offline  
Old 05-16-2016, 07:41 PM   #48
Senior Member
 
Oaklevel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3,535
Hey Joe think this guy was overweight ?? ................. but he can make a car hauler out of it now. Nice airstream................ Bill how we gunna get it out of here??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dennison-new-jpg.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	108065  
__________________

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Oaklevel is online now  
Old 05-16-2016, 07:45 PM   #49
Senior Member
 
Oaklevel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3,535
Guess got to move the rest first the trailer to the right rear wonder what it weighs ??????
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	I-81-wreck-in-Rockbridge-County3-jpg.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	108066  
__________________

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Oaklevel is online now  
Old 05-16-2016, 09:39 PM   #50
Senior Member
 
CWSWine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 1,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
I don't really see how a lawyer or anyone else is going to know if you were overloaded when you had a accident, pick up all the pieces and weigh them. Oh yes they would probably ask the weight police. Think about all the commercial trucks you meet on the highway and probably half or more overloaded, running recap tires and the hammer down. I don't even think about the few campers that are maybe a little overloaded


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
So your advice is that if you think you might be over weight make sure if you get into a accident make sure the RV is in enough pieces that there is no way they can weight it. Not the advice I would give..
__________________

__________________
2017 Fleetwood Discovery LXE 40D Diesel Pusher 41 foot. CC 5740
2017 Solitude 310GK-R Pick Up Oct 24th.
2016 GMC Denali 1 ton Cargo Capacity 3722 lbs
Sold 2016 Keystone Montana 3711FL
Sold - 2015 Crusader 315RST 5th Wheel -
2015 Ford F350 SRW Cargo Capacity 3744
CWSWine is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
weight

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:08 PM.