Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 02:28 PM   #41

One more thing unrelated. When my trailer was totaled. I worried about stuff being in order and transportable. When the transport company picked it up...he did a lot of damage trying to close OK and strapping together. He never looked inside. Didn't check anything. I could have taken anything I wanted. Lord kept me honest. I didn't even take the spare. I only took some stuff I bolted on....and my EMS of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Old 05-16-2016, 02:34 PM   #42

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwannacamp View Post
One more thing unrelated. When my trailer was totaled. I worried about stuff being in order and transportable. When the transport company picked it up...he did a lot of damage trying to close OK and strapping together. He never looked inside. Didn't check anything. I could have taken anything I wanted. Lord kept me honest. I didn't even take the spare. I only took some stuff I bolted on....and my EMS of course.

Off topic again. A replacement trailer in the cards? Very sad when i saw the pictures. We had a trailer next to us that happened to in winter of 2014. The insurance was replacement cost but still out of pocket for deck, setup fees, camp owner fees to move on the lot.
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
Old 05-16-2016, 03:51 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
Off topic again. A replacement trailer in the cards? Very sad when i saw the pictures. We had a trailer next to us that happened to in winter of 2014. The insurance was replacement cost but still out of pocket for deck, setup fees, camp owner fees to move on the lot.
I am planning each day... DW is saying to wait till money is better....means we wont get one. LOL Naw I am hoping to have one in a few months. We have had a load of expenses and extra work. Father passed away(executor of the estate), took his house on to rent(don't want to work forever), remodeling a 60 YO house isn't fun, now storm damage to clean up and repair house as well as other projects continually going on. Bla Bla

Thank you for caring
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Old 05-16-2016, 04:59 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustman_stx View Post
Please elaborate on how to get a common drunk to pay for a million dollar settlement. BTW, I know of no state that has a $250 fine for drunk driving. The fine is much heftier than that. And, if a drunk was to kill someone they'd likely be tried for Involuntary Manslaughter. So there would be criminal charges.
You must live a shelter life. I've owned my own business and been doing payroll for 35 years and over the years I probably had 100 employees that had court ordered garnishments of up to 60% of the gross pay before taxes. Granted, most of them are for child support but I have several over criminal damage to property and auto accidents. One was for half of a 10 million dollar accident and the guy that worked for me co-signed for son and his name was on the title and son was in the accident. These people loss their income tax returns and can bill the estate after death. No, you can't declare bankruptcy on court order judgement.

Yes in my state you can get off with 250 fine for your first DUI if you are will to go to class and community service.

The drunk kid in our town hit a couple dozen cars to tune 80,000 and yes insurance paid for all the cars but the kid has judgement against him to reimburse the insurance companies for the claims plus 2% over prime for interest charge.
Sold 2016 Keystone Montana 3711FL
Sold - 2015 Crusader 315RST 5th Wheel -
2015 Ford F350 SRW Cargo Capacity 3744
Old 05-16-2016, 05:18 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWSWine View Post
You must live cave somewhere.. If drunk gets in a accident and is brought into civil court and there is awards the against the drunk what happens is:

This List of how gets paid first..
1. The insurance get the amount of the claim repaid plus court cost if any.
2. The lawyer gets paid.
3. What is left over goes to the guy he hit.

No, they don't not denied paying the claim but recoup the cost of it if it goes to court.

As far as after market parts - Guess why they have a disclaimer on them. If there wasn't a chance of being sued for causing a accident they won't have them.

Try to read this...................Do it slow, because I can't..........You must live cave somewhere.. If drunk gets in a accident and is brought into civil court and there is awards the against the drunk what happens is:

Reading this makes my head hurt....................

2013 Ford F150 3.5 ECO SCREW
Old 05-16-2016, 06:28 PM   #46

I don't really see how a lawyer or anyone else is going to know if you were overloaded when you had a accident, pick up all the pieces and weigh them. Oh yes they would probably ask the weight police. Think about all the commercial trucks you meet on the highway and probably half or more overloaded, running recap tires and the hammer down. I don't even think about the few campers that are maybe a little overloaded

Old 05-16-2016, 06:40 PM   #47
fx2

Weight Police!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWSWine View Post
You must live a shelter life. I've owned my own business and been doing payroll for 35 years and over the years I probably had 100 employees that had court ordered garnishments of up to 60% of the gross pay before taxes. Granted, most of them are for child support but I have several over criminal damage to property and auto accidents. One was for half of a 10 million dollar accident and the guy that worked for me co-signed for son and his name was on the title and son was in the accident. These people loss their income tax returns and can bill the estate after death. No, you can't declare bankruptcy on court order judgement.

Yes in my state you can get off with 250 fine for your first DUI if you are will to go to class and community service.

The drunk kid in our town hit a couple dozen cars to tune 80,000 and yes insurance paid for all the cars but the kid has judgement against him to reimburse the insurance companies for the claims plus 2% over prime for interest charge.

Edited to delete comment. I misread your post.
2002 Ford F250 7.3l 4x4
Old 05-16-2016, 06:41 PM   #48

Hey Joe think this guy was overweight ?? ................. but he can make a car hauler out of it now. Nice airstream................ Bill how we gunna get it out of here??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dennison-new-jpg.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	108065  

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Old 05-16-2016, 06:45 PM   #49

Guess got to move the rest first the trailer to the right rear wonder what it weighs ??????
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	I-81-wreck-in-Rockbridge-County3-jpg.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	108066  

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Old 05-16-2016, 08:39 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
I don't really see how a lawyer or anyone else is going to know if you were overloaded when you had a accident, pick up all the pieces and weigh them. Oh yes they would probably ask the weight police. Think about all the commercial trucks you meet on the highway and probably half or more overloaded, running recap tires and the hammer down. I don't even think about the few campers that are maybe a little overloaded

So your advice is that if you think you might be over weight make sure if you get into a accident make sure the RV is in enough pieces that there is no way they can weight it. Not the advice I would give..
Sold 2016 Keystone Montana 3711FL
Sold - 2015 Crusader 315RST 5th Wheel -
2015 Ford F350 SRW Cargo Capacity 3744
Old 05-17-2016, 01:56 AM   #51
Moderator Emeritus

Ok this thread has deviated from the original joking intention and run it's course. Time to close it down.
Closed Thread

Tags
weight