Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-31-2012, 04:04 PM   #1

After our last scheduled trip of the season we put “Clarabelle” (as my son has named our camper) away for the winter. It was somewhat sad….I will admit very sad. This was our first season with the camper and I was surprised how many nights we actually used it. I really didn’t expect to spend a lot of time in it due to the fact that we had our second child in June this year but surprisingly enough we spent a total of 2 weeks time (14 nights) away from home. Some was a mixed bag of friends at the race track, wife and kids and just me and the oldest. It’s been fun and a big learning experience. I am now much more confident just traveling with the trailer hung off the ball…..Can hook up and break camp with the best of them. No real issues to note of other than a possible winter warranty issue with the axle to address but there has been really nothing I could not handle or was worth the fuel to take it back to the dealer. I will also say that this forum has been a big help on some things that I had questions about or products that I was considering purchasing…..I thank all of you for your input.
I took off last week to head to Kansas speedway for the fall Nascar race….Always a good time and having the camper makes all the difference in the experience. The following weekend we closed out our season with the family at Cuiver River State park….October is one of the best months in MO and this did not disappoint. Our newest addition Max also had his first camping experience outside of just hanging out for the day. Ironicaly the furnace that took me so long to get used to without waking up when it turned on made him sleep….well….like a baby. My wife even commented that it was one of the best nights of sleep we have had since he was born.
Put some photos up on my blog of the last few trips (http://ryandethrow.blogspot.com) You might need to weed through some of the boring stuff….Few pics of the track as well as our campsite.
Again….Want to thank all of you who have helped me get through the first year of ownership!! Thanks. Now what to talk about for the winter months?
Nights Camped 2016: 32
ryand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 04:18 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Great reflection and report.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:53 PM   #3

Missed getting to Cuivre River this year. I LOVE that park in the fall! Congrats on all of your milestones this year!!!

Felicia & Jeff - Missouri
2013 Columbus - 320 RS 2012 F350 CC DRW - 6.7L PSD
2012 Camping 59 DAYS; 2013 50 DAYS; 2014 WAITING
Earth Station is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:34 PM   #4

Some of the final pictures from the last trip of the year. The pack and play fits nicely under the tv!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-687153964.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	21286   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1598921120.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	21287   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-95256404.jpg
Views:	75