Old 07-11-2010, 12:24 AM   #1
Well we finally found the right one!!! - PICS NOW!

This is an update to the 2 threads I had done last week. We really weighed in on what you guys had to say plus a ton more research. I think my husband was stuttering towing lingo by the time this was done...he was literally a walking tow dictionary it was funny.

Anyway, we found a fantastic dealer that honest to goodness has changed our views so much and educated us beyond belief. They had a great camper but it was part hybred in that the front queen bed was a hybred. At first my husband didn't want to consider it but eventually he decided to at least look at it....and now we own it.

Well below all our weight limits (3600 with full LP tanks and hitch weight). Below our length limits (22 ft). Had the brake control installed (very neat thing I must say), had a complete 1.5 hour walkthrough from tip to tail on the tailer...and learned alot. They adjusted or corrected anything we caught and even a few things we didn't. They threw in a bunch of extras to include new hitching components, hoses, etc plus gave us a nice discount on a few things we wanted to purchase as well. I truly felt like when I left there I knew what I was into, knew what to do, knew how to handle my vehicle while towing, and knew that I was completely safe.

We ended up with a 2010 Gulfstream Sport 21TSB. We do need to upgrade our hitch itself to allow for total weight allowed for our vehicle but even with the older hitch we have more than enough cargo weight to wiggle with. It has all the features I had hoped for (bunks with double on the bottom, lots of storage, full regular bathroom, full regular fridge, double sink) plus it had a bunch of extras we were excited to have (gas grill, spray port, 3 outdoor storage areas, indoor/outdoor stereo, oh...and it's pretty!) We brought it home today, went through all our gear and sorted out the "didn't need items" (we were hauling around a bunch of crap let me tell ya) and packed it up with 90% of the normal items. Got things organized and then hauled it to storage for the week. We are taking it for a test run night next weekend before our 5 day trip to Mackinaw Island in Northern Michigan. Towing it was quite easy - didnt' feel much different that our 17 ft Keystone or our 21 ft Trail-lite. A smidge heavier and I could feel the brake working as it should but other than that....smooth as pie. And my husband has dubbed me his trailer hauling mama....I guess I should take that as a compliment. HAHA

Now I just need to I gonna get booted from the forum cause it's not a Forest River?! lol Thank you so very much for all your input. I am nothing but thankful for finding this dealership - felt like my dad's place with how we were treated and I know that we made a great choice. YAY!!!!!!

PS: I see in many of your signatures you have how many nights you have camped....we have camped 7 nights so far with 17 more nights already planned and paid for. Talk about fitting it in this season!

crazyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 06:27 AM   #2
Congrats on the TT. Sounds like you did a great job and found what will work for you. Post some pics if you get a chance.

Good luck and happy camping!

Gary & Trish
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
2017 Prime Time Crusader 315RST TE 6.0 : 2007 Flagstaff 206ST MAC Series
2012 F-250 Lariat : FX4 : CC : SB : 6.7L Diesel : 3/55 Gears

2016 Nights Camped - 9
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 11:42 AM   #3
Not a Forest River? Does such an animal even exist?? (lol)
Congrats on you new camper and hope you will stick around and share your experiences here.
Tom and Margaret
2014 Berkshire 390bh-60

tmmar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 01:49 PM   #4
Congrats on the new trailer and for doing your homework.

I have an aunt and uncle in Lansing and have been back there many times. We stayed up in Macinaw City for about a week and checked out the island as well. Love the area, so scenic. Enjoy the trip.
"I can fix it, and if I can't fix it, I can fix it so no one can fix it!"
Ed & Wendy
2009 Georgetown 378TS | 1998 Jeep Wrangler | 1998 Skeeter ZX202C
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 02:12 PM   #5
CLASS "A" Senior Member
Congrats on your new trailer. As for leaving FRF, hey we're all campers first and brand preference second. I'm sure there will be things on your trailer that are very similar to a FR product. Afterall we all have basically the same furnaces or AC units, Fridges etc. The brands of appliances aren't too wide range. Enjoy your purchase and post some pictures when you get a chance.

2007 Georgetown 370TS

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 04:03 PM   #6
I will get some pics of our actual unit on Thursday but here is a link to basically what it looks like (not sure why this one says Streamlite on the back though) - the interior is identical to include fabric and color.

2010 Gulf Stream 21TSB Sport for sale in Madison, Ohio -

And to secure my position here (hahahahaha) I DID just sell a Forest River product so I kinda SORTA could stay right? lol We had a 2005 Rockwood Premier 1904 as our starter unit for this camping adventure. Just way too much stinking work to set it up. LOL
Old 07-14-2010, 01:38 PM   #7
Here are a couple pics I got. Keep in mind that we haven't actually camped in it yet - so these are just quick shots I grabbed. I am hoping to get more with our rig set up and such this weekend.

Rachael & family 2010 nights: 7 down, 17 to go
2010 Gulfstream Sport 21TSB hybred bunk house
2002 Trailblazer 4x4 EXT
2005 Rockwood Premier 1904 SOLD
2001 Keystone Cabana 17 ft hybred SOLD
2000 Trail-lite Bantam 21 ft hybred INS LOSS
Old 07-14-2010, 06:54 PM   #8
You will LOVE IT!

WE have a Roo 23ss which is a hybrid. Ours has queen beds on each end. LOVE IT!

Official member of the "Roo Kroo"!
2009 - 4, 2010 - 135
2011 - 95 and counting
skeeterbait8 is offline   Reply With Quote