Old 10-21-2014, 11:25 PM   #11

We decided to remodel our downstairs bathroom in August. Had to give up,camping. Due to complications it's almost November and I 'm still at it. Have. Your husband remodel something in your house ---He'll want to buy a new unit and hit the road!!

Old 10-21-2014, 11:40 PM   #12

I had a TT for 16 yrs and used it and when no one wanted to go me and the dog went. Now I have a new toy hauler and I'm doing the same except me and the dog take our side by side with us now. LOL I think I almost have the bugs out of this new thing so my dog will like it even more while I drink my coffee and watch the news on one of 3 TV's unlike last weekend with no new genny working. Fixed it tonight so we gone again. LOL oh the dog said thanks she was cold last weekend without the fireplace running. No genny no fireplace doggy and no coffee for dad.

435AH 12V VMax Charge Tanks, 520 watt Monocrystilline Solar Array, Morningstar MPPT TS-60 CC,Morningstar Remote,Cotek True Sine Wave Inverter,Cotek Remote Controller,50amp Progressive Hardwire Surge Protector
2015 Dodge 3500 6.7L 4X4
2011 CanAm Commander XT 1000
mud yapster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 11:51 PM   #13

LoL. We are heading out tomorrow and the Dog insisted the fireplace must be working. The DW (second marriage for both of us) loves travelling and getting away. We have no plans to stop till the snow is inches deep. We have a park model that is close to home we get out too during the week, spend many days and dinners there and then return home for work. I wish and hope the OP finds the best solution for them.
Old 10-21-2014, 11:57 PM   #14

I do also. I have some land so the dog and I move to the other side of the land and camp and make a fire and ride in the toy. LOL Home away from home and still have fun at home. If the natives get roudy we move it farther away down the road. LOL
435AH 12V VMax Charge Tanks, 520 watt Monocrystilline Solar Array, Morningstar MPPT TS-60 CC,Morningstar Remote,Cotek True Sine Wave Inverter,Cotek Remote Controller,50amp Progressive Hardwire Surge Protector
2015 Dodge 3500 6.7L 4X4
2011 CanAm Commander XT 1000
mud yapster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 12:24 AM   #15
Plain Old Member

I can only hope my kids keep up their love for camping. Being we're camperless to some degree now, all I get is "Dad, when can we buy another motorhome", "Dad, lets at least go in the red trailer". They ALWAYS want to go. My wife's the same way. We're in a weird situation for us now. Just sold boat, camper is almost sold, no home to call our own at the moment. Nothing but a few vehicles and that cargo trailer. Nice to owe nothing, stinks to have nothing.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 06:24 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohnD View Post
I can only hope my kids keep up their love for camping. Being we're camperless to some degree now, all I get is "Dad, when can we buy another motorhome", "Dad, lets at least go in the red trailer". They ALWAYS want to go. My wife's the same way. We're in a weird situation for us now. Just sold boat, camper is almost sold, no home to call our own at the moment. Nothing but a few vehicles and that cargo trailer. Nice to owe nothing, stinks to have nothing.
Owing nothing is the best path to get away from having nothing! Owing too much is a downhill path to having nothing. Hang in there and enjoy camping any way you can if your wife and kids like it.
Old 10-22-2014, 06:37 AM   #17
Plain Old Member

Well said.

2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote