Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-20-2014, 05:48 AM   #1

Unhappy We're gonna give up the ghost.

We haven't taken the TT out since last November. But we still managed to do lots of work on it this year and spend more than $3,000!

Ken says after the trip this weekend, we're putting it up for sale. And he doesn't know if we'll get another one or not. I think I might cry!

You guys have all been so great! So much info and help and fun! Surely I can talk him into keeping it or getting another one?

2005 Dodge Ram 2500, 4x4
2017 Heritage Glen QBUD312
Zhanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 06:13 AM   #2

We all go through seasons. Hopefully camping "season" will come around again soon for your family.
PurduePete
ProPride Hitch
purduepete97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 06:44 AM   #3

Every time I see an old trailer just sitting in disrepair, I always say that if it got to where I didn't use mine anymore I'd sell it before I let it get to that point. I'd rather let it go than let it sit. Where's the last (well..hopefully not) trip gonna be?
Old 10-20-2014, 07:08 AM   #4

I used to have a nice fifth wheel, it set for three years. Everytime I mowed around it I felt sad. Finally sold it. Decided since no one but me wanted to go camping I would buy a small Toyota motor home. As soon as I bought it my wife decided to go camping with me. I sold the little motor home bought a new toyhauler. After two years we bought a larger toyhauler. You just never know what the future will bring.
comfun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 12:33 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by raspivey View Post
Every time I see an old trailer just sitting in disrepair, I always say that if it got to where I didn't use mine anymore I'd sell it before I let it get to that point. I'd rather let it go than let it sit. Where's the last (well..hopefully not) trip gonna be?
The Texas Renaissance Festival. Maybe! Ken called a while ago and said he had a meeting on Friday. UGH!

We'll get there eventually.

We originally bought the TT to escape from hurricanes, after hurricane Ike, six years ago! The boy hates the TT. The dog hates the TT. Trying to get the family together for a family vacation is almost impossible these days, as the boy is now a junior in college.

Maybe some day we'll get another one . . .

2005 Dodge Ram 2500, 4x4
Old 10-20-2014, 12:55 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhanna View Post
The Texas Renaissance Festival. Maybe! Ken called a while ago and said he had a meeting on Friday. UGH!

We originally bought the TT to escape from hurricanes, after hurricane Ike, six years ago! The boy hates the TT. The dog hates the TT. Trying to get the family together for a family vacation is almost impossible these days, as the boy is now a junior in college.

We sorta went through that phase as well...Kids both in High school and RVing was what the "Uncool" kids did. Fine, we started pawning them off on other parents for weekend sleepovers and we would go out by ourselves for a Friday-Sunday trip to campgrounds nearby.

Now they are both in college and self maintaining which is *Fine* because now the wife and I can continue to camp and enjoy *OUR* RV lifestyle...funny how RVing is just as fun - maybe moreso - when it is just the two of us! Ya'll ought to try it!
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 03:21 PM   #7

Quote:
We'll be up there Friday and Saturday night too. Might run into you!
Old 10-20-2014, 03:33 PM   #8

Quote:

Welcome to older kids.

My TT sat, it was used for a week in 2008, a week in 2010 (With much grumbling until the kids were told that the only was Disney World was going to happen was in the camper.) one four day trip in 2009. That was reality since 2006.

I nearly sold it several times, but I just kept it up and ready. Then I traded it for my 5er and now they have an option. Go camping or stay at the house and tend to the zoo. Thus far they tend to the zoo.

I feel the desire for family trips, but they're old enough that if they want to stay I'm not dragging them with me.

Good luck with whatever you decide!

Nights camped in 2014-28, 2015-127, 2016-10
SKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 05:09 PM   #9

Thanks all.

Ken has to work this weekend, so we will not be going to the ren fest.

Anybody wanna buy our trailer?

2005 Dodge Ram 2500, 4x4
Old 10-20-2014, 05:21 PM   #10
Paradise has arrived!

I did the same thing way back in the 70's. Bought small Shasta and it sat and sat and sat. Now I am back into it after 40 years and a second wife. She doesn't love it like I do but she goes along and seems to be enjoying herself more each time. Heck if she hated it I'd go by myself.

BTW I was in San Marcos for 3 weeks back in 1979. It was great! Went tubing down the San Marcos every day. I even got a real Texas cow pie mounted on a cut out of the state. Our hosts gave it to me and it still hangs on my office wall. All the people were so nice and friendly. Just some great memories of your state.
Old 10-21-2014, 10:25 PM   #11

We decided to remodel our downstairs bathroom in August. Had to give up,camping. Due to complications it's almost November and I 'm still at it. Have. Your husband remodel something in your house ---He'll want to buy a new unit and hit the road!!
RANGERBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 10:40 PM   #12

I had a TT for 16 yrs and used it and when no one wanted to go me and the dog went. Now I have a new toy hauler and I'm doing the same except me and the dog take our side by side with us now. LOL I think I almost have the bugs out of this new thing so my dog will like it even more while I drink my coffee and watch the news on one of 3 TV's unlike last weekend with no new genny working. Fixed it tonight so we gone again. LOL oh the dog said thanks she was cold last weekend without the fireplace running. No genny no fireplace doggy and no coffee for dad.
435AH 12V VMax Charge Tanks, 520 watt Monocrystilline Solar Array, Morningstar MPPT TS-60 CC,Morningstar Remote,Cotek True Sine Wave Inverter,Cotek Remote Controller,50amp Progressive Hardwire Surge Protector
2015 Dodge 3500 6.7L 4X4
2011 CanAm Commander XT 1000
mud yapster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 10:51 PM   #13

Send a message via AIM to B and B
LoL. We are heading out tomorrow and the Dog insisted the fireplace must be working. The DW (second marriage for both of us) loves travelling and getting away. We have no plans to stop till the snow is inches deep. We have a park model that is close to home we get out too during the week, spend many days and dinners there and then return home for work. I wish and hope the OP finds the best solution for them.
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 10:57 PM   #14

I do also. I have some land so the dog and I move to the other side of the land and camp and make a fire and ride in the toy. LOL Home away from home and still have fun at home. If the natives get roudy we move it farther away down the road. LOL
435AH 12V VMax Charge Tanks, 520 watt Monocrystilline Solar Array, Morningstar MPPT TS-60 CC,Morningstar Remote,Cotek True Sine Wave Inverter,Cotek Remote Controller,50amp Progressive Hardwire Surge Protector
2015 Dodge 3500 6.7L 4X4
2011 CanAm Commander XT 1000
mud yapster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 11:24 PM   #15
Plain Old Member

I can only hope my kids keep up their love for camping. Being we're camperless to some degree now, all I get is "Dad, when can we buy another motorhome", "Dad, lets at least go in the red trailer". They ALWAYS want to go. My wife's the same way. We're in a weird situation for us now. Just sold boat, camper is almost sold, no home to call our own at the moment. Nothing but a few vehicles and that cargo trailer. Nice to owe nothing, stinks to have nothing.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 05:24 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohnD View Post
I can only hope my kids keep up their love for camping. Being we're camperless to some degree now, all I get is "Dad, when can we buy another motorhome", "Dad, lets at least go in the red trailer". They ALWAYS want to go. My wife's the same way. We're in a weird situation for us now. Just sold boat, camper is almost sold, no home to call our own at the moment. Nothing but a few vehicles and that cargo trailer. Nice to owe nothing, stinks to have nothing.
Owing nothing is the best path to get away from having nothing! Owing too much is a downhill path to having nothing. Hang in there and enjoy camping any way you can if your wife and kids like it.
RamblerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 05:37 AM   #17
Plain Old Member

Well said.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote