Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2012, 08:32 PM   #91
Senior Member
 
Iggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Desert SW - Arizona
Posts: 6,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBFIDY View Post
Where will you go when you come to Oklahom? Maybe we could meet up with some Oklahoma FROGS.
How much room do you have on your front lawn?
__________________

__________________
2012 Georgetown XL - 378TS 60,000 miles
Life is a journey, not a destination !

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:06 PM   #92
DDC
Senior Member
 
DDC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Komoka Ontario
Posts: 2,364
We're off on the 29th, week in southern Georgia,4 days in silver springs Fl, week in Tampa followed by two weeks in disney's fortwilderness can't wait first outing since I retired.
__________________

__________________
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:21 PM   #93
Senior Member
 
grhodes50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Eastern Oklahoma, USA
Posts: 2,613
Last year I had plans to camp wherever the fish where bitin‘. Didn’t work out.
Year before I planned on camping at least half the time where the grandkids couldn’t find me. Didn’t work out.
Year before that we had plans on a couple of trips with other family members who are RV’ers as well. TT was sent back to factory for delam. Took almost 2 months,. Didn’t work out.
Year before that I planned on camping in a local state park where everyone is friendly. Got cussed out by the lady 2 sites down (large sites) for sweeping my concrete pad. She said the dust I stirred up aggravated her asthma. She cussed me out a second time when I was spraying bug repellent on one of my grand daughters. Same reason, aggravated her asthma. Didn’t work out.
Year before that we had several trips planned. Some with family, but I injured my back and had surgery. Didn’t work out.
Year before that we had plans for at least 2 weekend trips per month during the summer. TT received hail damage in April. Took it in to get fixed the week before Memorial Day. Got it back the week after Labor Day. Didn’t work out.
Year before that I didn't camp much. I spent most of the summer learning how to work on tt's. Didn't work out.
The two years before that are kind of hazy, so I'm not sure how things went

The years before all that we camped in tents and later in a pop up. On several occasions I found out just how big a storm they could take. I'm still here, so I guess that worked out okay.

So I’ve given this a lot of thought over the winter, when not in hibernating mode. I think I have a great plan worked out. I decided to camp whenever I can, wherever I can!

Maybe this year it’ll work out.
__________________

Gary & Trish
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
2017 Prime Time Crusader 315RST TE 6.0 : 2007 Flagstaff 206ST MAC Series
2012 F-250 Lariat : FX4 : CC : SB : 6.7L Diesel : 3/55 Gears

2017 Nights Camped - 4
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:56 PM   #94
Senior Member
 
Iggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Desert SW - Arizona
Posts: 6,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDC View Post
We're off on the 29th, week in southern Georgia,4 days in silver springs Fl, week in Tampa followed by two weeks in disney's fortwilderness can't wait first outing since I retired.
Its going to be hard being you just retired.
Turn off the cell phone and try to kick back and relax.
A few extra drinks always helps.
Enjoy yourself.
__________________
2012 Georgetown XL - 378TS 60,000 miles
Life is a journey, not a destination !

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:57 PM   #95
RVer In The Making
 
DobiesDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 14
Hope to buy our first RV a F.R.
__________________
DobiesDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:02 PM   #96
Senior Member
 
BOBFIDY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Broken Arrow, OK
Posts: 1,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by grhodes50 View Post
Last year I had plans to camp wherever the fish where bitin‘. Didn’t work out.
Year before I planned on camping at least half the time where the grandkids couldn’t find me. Didn’t work out.
Year before that we had plans on a couple of trips with other family members who are RV’ers as well. TT was sent back to factory for delam. Took almost 2 months,. Didn’t work out.
Year before that I planned on camping in a local state park where everyone is friendly. Got cussed out by the lady 2 sites down (large sites) for sweeping my concrete pad. She said the dust I stirred up aggravated her asthma. She cussed me out a second time when I was spraying bug repellent on one of my grand daughters. Same reason, aggravated her asthma. Didn’t work out.
Year before that we had several trips planned. Some with family, but I injured my back and had surgery. Didn’t work out.
Year before that we had plans for at least 2 weekend trips per month during the summer. TT received hail damage in April. Took it in to get fixed the week before Memorial Day. Got it back the week after Labor Day. Didn’t work out.
Year before that I didn't camp much. I spent most of the summer learning how to work on tt's. Didn't work out.
The two years before that are kind of hazy, so I'm not sure how things went

The years before all that we camped in tents and later in a pop up. On several occasions I found out just how big a storm they could take. I'm still here, so I guess that worked out okay.

So I’ve given this a lot of thought over the winter, when not in hibernating mode. I think I have a great plan worked out. I decided to camp whenever I can, wherever I can!

Maybe this year it’ll work out.
Hey Gary.....Just do not make plans and run with it...lolol
__________________
2011 FORD F350 CREW CAB DUALLY DIESEL 4x2
2010 Salem LA 292FKDS
One of the Original 14 F.R.O.G.s
1st, 2nd, and 3rd INTERNATIONAL F.R.O.G. RALLY Branson. MO.
1st, 2nd, and 4th INTERNATIONAL RALLY Goshen, IN.
BOBFIDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:05 PM   #97
Drinkin beer on the beach
 
Rod Johnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Fallbrook, CA
Posts: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by grhodes50 View Post
Maybe this year itíll work out.
Keep the expectations low and the spirits up. I guarantee it'll work out.
__________________
2014 Silverado 2500 6.6L TD and 4X4
2011 Carson Standard Duty Car Hauler
2012 Forest River Stealth SK2112
Rod Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:06 PM   #98
Senior Member
 
grhodes50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Eastern Oklahoma, USA
Posts: 2,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBFIDY View Post
Hey Gary.....Just do not make plans and run with it...lolol
Notice I left out how it was too hot to camp last summer!!!!!

Got any dates for Marvel yet? I'll try and make plans if you do!
__________________

Gary & Trish
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
2017 Prime Time Crusader 315RST TE 6.0 : 2007 Flagstaff 206ST MAC Series
2012 F-250 Lariat : FX4 : CC : SB : 6.7L Diesel : 3/55 Gears

2017 Nights Camped - 4
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:19 PM   #99
Senior Member
 
Iggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Desert SW - Arizona
Posts: 6,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by DobiesDaddy View Post
Hope to buy our first RV a F.R.
So you are wanabe.
You know that you can ask any questions before you buy.
We havea weath of information here in respect to all types and model.
Many can tell you advantages of one layout to another.
Good luck
__________________
2012 Georgetown XL - 378TS 60,000 miles
Life is a journey, not a destination !

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:47 PM   #100
Brigitte
 
boubou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Kingston
Posts: 725
Our first year of camping with the Shasta. We got it last fall and went out on two small trips.
Having a hard time deciding where to go and how far.
We booked 5 nights in Lake George NY
Probably will return to Association Island, great place!
Planning a 2 week trip but we are intimidated with driving over 1 day, not sure if it would be safe to stop at a walmart or other quick overnight stop. There are two of us women and 3 little dogs. Of course, no one would know to look at the big Ram
We are thinking about somewhere on the coast of Maine or Perce or anywhere down east but again, hesitant with the drive.
Is it possible to stop over in a campgroind and pay for the night but not un-hitch? Just park and sleep?
__________________

__________________
2013 Jayco Eagle HT 23.5
2010 Ram 1500 HEMI with integrated brake controller, tow mirrors and Michelins LTX/AT2 275/65R20 max load: 3750 lbs. @ 80 psi but we keep them 50-55 psi
Superglide 2700
Timbrens
boubou is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:54 AM.