Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-13-2012, 10:51 PM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike54

hey you are not far from us, where in WI do you like to go?
Well, up until this past fall we were tent camping but because we only have weekends available looking to stay 3 hrs away. Places we liked are petenwell, castle rock and sturgeon bay.

In reviewing my Allstays camp/RV app I am seeing a few place near Koskonong and rivers edge south of Wausau that I would like to check out.

When I figure out how to get my TT, atv and boat all to same place with one TV then I will be in business

Probably stick to just camping this year until I figure out a second TV!
TTNewbees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:05 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuisance View Post
We have plans to go to the Rally in August, down to Mississippi, up to Arkansas then back home to Iowa. Plans to go to Utah in June, and maybe to Oklahoma in July. A few days local camping with the 4 youngest granddaughters ages 4, 5, 5, 6. Other then that nothing else planned as of this time.
Where will you go when you come to Oklahom? Maybe we could meet up with some Oklahoma FROGS.
1st, 2nd, and 3rd INTERNATIONAL F.R.O.G. RALLY Branson. MO.
1st, 2nd, and 4th INTERNATIONAL RALLY Goshen, IN.
BOBFIDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:31 PM   #83

we usually go to Kingfisher, I have relatives there and a friend has a big 4th of July party.
nuisance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:06 AM   #84
Drinkin beer on the beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terier View Post
January: Cottonwood/Rancho Jurupa Park
February: San Clemente SB
March: San Clemente SB
May: San Diego
June: San Clemente SB
Hey, how much does it cost for these camping areas and do you have to make reservations and such?

I've never actually camped in a campground. Well, with the trailer anyways.

We're headed out to Ocotillo again this weekend. No real plans for any other holidays. My pay is commission based. No work = no pay. However as long as I can get the work done on time, I only schedule 20 working days per month, I can usually take a couple days off at the end of every month.
Rod Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:09 AM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTNewbees View Post
When I figure out how to get my TT, atv and boat all to same place with one TV then I will be in business
I was thinking, if I do a slip and slide on the ramp of my toyhauler, I can get a jetski up in there, right? I figure I'll have the GF pull the detachable kitchen faucet head out, kick on the water pump, and go for it.

Old 02-14-2012, 07:01 AM   #86

We have a monthly trip planned for April through November with our friends. These trips are normally less than 200 miles. Then we are planning an outter banks run to meet up with the kids and grandkids in August. Possibily Key West at Christmas. The rest will just be impromptu trips to the Smokies or Branson for long weekend get aways. We try to get out every other weekend all year long, other than our 8 scheduled trips with friends, we just hitch and go where the road takes us.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:51 AM   #87

We have a few weekends planned for April, May, June & July already.Then the biggest trip yet will happen the end of September...... heading northeast from Missouri to visit family in Connecticut --- whale watch in Massachusetts ---- see the fall colors in New Hampshire and Vermont..... then head back home through New York -- across 90 === We just have to wait for the Station to be delivered to get this all moving

Felicia & Jeff - Missouri
2013 Columbus - 320 RS 2012 F350 CC DRW - 6.7L PSD
2012 Camping 59 DAYS; 2013 50 DAYS; 2014 WAITING
Earth Station is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:24 AM   #88

Mid April we will start heading back to Ont. from BC. Hope to take a trip to the Canadian east coast in Sept. will then head back to BC mid Oct.
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:34 AM   #89
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Johnson View Post
Hey, how much does it cost for these camping areas and do you have to make reservations and such?

I've never actually camped in a campground. Well, with the trailer anyways.

We're headed out to Ocotillo again this weekend. No real plans for any other holidays. My pay is commission based. No work = no pay. However as long as I can get the work done on time, I only schedule 20 working days per month, I can usually take a couple days off at the end of every month.
San Clemente SB is not cheap - sites with hook ups $60 per night. There is a discount card available for handicap which will reduce the fee by $50%. Reservations recommended for most of year - this cg is popular and often sold out within minutes when new booking window opens @ ReserveAmerica.

About $35 per night for hook ups for Cottonwood @ Ranch Jurupa (Riverside). You can make reservations online or by phone and you can also drive up and see what's available. Usually not a problem getting a site except during holidays.

Peak periods: June & July in CA camgrounds tend to very busy with school being out and also most major holidays. It's possible to pick up cancellations so keep checking availablity.

I have co-workers that camp in Ocotillo and just loves it!

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:30 PM   #90

As of this time, we are going to two local state parks. One in May w/ no electric hook ups, and over the 4th of July for a week. Planning on adding short week end trips too, but all local.
dixons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:32 PM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBFIDY View Post
Where will you go when you come to Oklahom? Maybe we could meet up with some Oklahoma FROGS.
How much room do you have on your front lawn?
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:06 PM   #92
DDC

We're off on the 29th, week in southern Georgia,4 days in silver springs Fl, week in Tampa followed by two weeks in disney's fortwilderness can't wait first outing since I retired.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:21 PM   #93

Last year I had plans to camp wherever the fish where bitin‘. Didn’t work out.
Year before I planned on camping at least half the time where the grandkids couldn’t find me. Didn’t work out.
Year before that we had plans on a couple of trips with other family members who are RV’ers as well. TT was sent back to factory for delam. Took almost 2 months,. Didn’t work out.
Year before that I planned on camping in a local state park where everyone is friendly. Got cussed out by the lady 2 sites down (large sites) for sweeping my concrete pad. She said the dust I stirred up aggravated her asthma. She cussed me out a second time when I was spraying bug repellent on one of my grand daughters. Same reason, aggravated her asthma. Didn’t work out.
Year before that we had several trips planned. Some with family, but I injured my back and had surgery. Didn’t work out.
Year before that we had plans for at least 2 weekend trips per month during the summer. TT received hail damage in April. Took it in to get fixed the week before Memorial Day. Got it back the week after Labor Day. Didn’t work out.
Year before that I didn't camp much. I spent most of the summer learning how to work on tt's. Didn't work out.
The two years before that are kind of hazy, so I'm not sure how things went

The years before all that we camped in tents and later in a pop up. On several occasions I found out just how big a storm they could take. I'm still here, so I guess that worked out okay.

So I’ve given this a lot of thought over the winter, when not in hibernating mode. I think I have a great plan worked out. I decided to camp whenever I can, wherever I can!

Maybe this year it’ll work out.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:56 PM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDC View Post
We're off on the 29th, week in southern Georgia,4 days in silver springs Fl, week in Tampa followed by two weeks in disney's fortwilderness can't wait first outing since I retired.
Its going to be hard being you just retired.
Turn off the cell phone and try to kick back and relax.
A few extra drinks always helps.
Enjoy yourself.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:57 PM   #95
RVer In The Making

Hope to buy our first RV a F.R.
DobiesDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:02 PM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by grhodes50 View Post
Last year I had plans to camp wherever the fish where bitin‘. Didn’t work out.
Year before I planned on camping at least half the time where the grandkids couldn’t find me. Didn’t work out.
Year before that we had plans on a couple of trips with other family members who are RV’ers as well. TT was sent back to factory for delam. Took almost 2 months,. Didn’t work out.
Year before that I planned on camping in a local state park where everyone is friendly. Got cussed out by the lady 2 sites down (large sites) for sweeping my concrete pad. She said the dust I stirred up aggravated her asthma. She cussed me out a second time when I was spraying bug repellent on one of my grand daughters. Same reason, aggravated her asthma. Didn’t work out.
Year before that we had several trips planned. Some with family, but I injured my back and had surgery. Didn’t work out.
Year before that we had plans for at least 2 weekend trips per month during the summer. TT received hail damage in April. Took it in to get fixed the week before Memorial Day. Got it back the week after Labor Day. Didn’t work out.
Year before that I didn't camp much. I spent most of the summer learning how to work on tt's. Didn't work out.
The two years before that are kind of hazy, so I'm not sure how things went

The years before all that we camped in tents and later in a pop up. On several occasions I found out just how big a storm they could take. I'm still here, so I guess that worked out okay.

So I’ve given this a lot of thought over the winter, when not in hibernating mode. I think I have a great plan worked out. I decided to camp whenever I can, wherever I can!

Hey Gary.....Just do not make plans and run with it...lolol
1st, 2nd, and 3rd INTERNATIONAL F.R.O.G. RALLY Branson. MO.
1st, 2nd, and 4th INTERNATIONAL RALLY Goshen, IN.
BOBFIDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:05 PM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by grhodes50 View Post
Keep the expectations low and the spirits up. I guarantee it'll work out.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:06 PM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBFIDY View Post
Hey Gary.....Just do not make plans and run with it...lolol
Notice I left out how it was too hot to camp last summer!!!!!

Got any dates for Marvel yet? I'll try and make plans if you do!
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:19 PM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by DobiesDaddy View Post
Hope to buy our first RV a F.R.
So you are wanabe.
You know that you can ask any questions before you buy.
We havea weath of information here in respect to all types and model.
Many can tell you advantages of one layout to another.
Good luck
Old 02-15-2012, 09:47 PM   #100
Brigitte

Our first year of camping with the Shasta. We got it last fall and went out on two small trips.
Having a hard time deciding where to go and how far.
We booked 5 nights in Lake George NY
Probably will return to Association Island, great place!
Planning a 2 week trip but we are intimidated with driving over 1 day, not sure if it would be safe to stop at a walmart or other quick overnight stop. There are two of us women and 3 little dogs. Of course, no one would know to look at the big Ram
We are thinking about somewhere on the coast of Maine or Perce or anywhere down east but again, hesitant with the drive.
Is it possible to stop over in a campgroind and pay for the night but not un-hitch? Just park and sleep?
Timbrens
boubou is offline   Reply With Quote