Old 07-13-2015, 11:57 AM   #41
Georgia Frog Rally 2017
I also bought( if not mentioned) 90 degree brass elbow for fresh water hook up. You can buy at Walmart and prevents your city water hose from kinking when hooking hose to camper. Later RJD

2015 35 FT V-Lite 30WRLIKS Diamond Package
2015 Chevy 2500 6.0 4:10 gearing.
Days camped in 2015--46
Days booked for 2016--60
Days camped in 2016 so far 51
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 12:20 PM   #42
Congrats on the new unit. Sounds like most have been said already. Here are some small things that we found helpful. Also when backing in to your campsites, if you back in getting the whole view from the drivers side it is way easier.

Have fun,

Anders Cortes Island, BC. Canada

Pony: 2008 Dodge 3500 Laramie, 4x4, Quad Cab
Harness: Hijacker 24-AS-18 Autoslide, Demco Glide Ride Pin Box
Chuckwagon: 2011 Rockwood 8265WS
Travel Blog
Anders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 12:30 PM   #43
Looks like people have made some great suggestions and provided lists, which is something we use every time we're leaving on a trip. I'd suggest a couple of things about your dogs. We always keep 8 1/2 x 11 color photos (just printed from home) of our dogs just in case they get lost and we need to make lost & found posters. We take proof of their rabies and other required vaccinations with us. And most importantly, we've recently made sure we have the location and phone number of the closed emergency vet to where we are camping. Last month, my niece's dog was bitten my a rattlesnake while we were camping and we had to find a vet at 8 a.m. on a Sunday morning very quickly!!
2014 Georgetown 329DS
CindyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 12:40 PM   #44
Definitely video the PDI. I took notes (pre-smart phone days) and it was difficult to remember what all the notes meant. You-tube will be your friend... as well as this forum. No question is stupid - do a search first, chances are that your question has already been asked multiple times.

Keep paper/pencil handy on your short trip to GA and make lots of notes: Questions, what you're missing (paper plates, whatever!), what to call the dealer about, etc.

Also - have fun. It really is supposed to be fun!
Joe & Sue - Camp Mutts Zeke & Dazey
2008 Flagstaff Super Lite 26RKS
2008 Ford F-150

hotzfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 12:51 PM   #45
We have an "office kit" - it can be in a pencil box. Pens, pencils, mini stapler, rubber bands, bull dog clips, paper clips, tape, small note pads, etc. We also use an office sorter-type container on our table. Keeps daily papers, campground maps, notes, etc. gathered up and out of the way. I also use a large plastic bag (from Container Store or even a 2 gallon zip lock) to keep treasures in for scrapbooking later.

If you are inclined, take a small journal with you to write your adventures (and misadventures) in. Include good camp sites, restaurants, favorite places, etc.

And no matter what size TT you have, get a small cheap lamp to use in place of the overhead lighting. So much cosier!

I bought microwaveable plates, bowls since I'd rather not deal with all the trash from paper plates, etc. Note: add dish drain to list of supplies. There is no need to dry dishes when there is a campfire to sit around!

Ditto on the coffee pot. We take a French press. There are great crock pot recipes which make coming home for dinner after a day of adventures fast and easy! Our RPod doesn't have much space for extra appliances so a toaster would be a luxury to have!
Debbie and Erv
2013 Lily Pad
Jeep Liberty or Town and Country Mini van
DebbieHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 01:08 PM   #46
These folks have covered the important stuff. I would add that you make a checklist for campsite exit. We forgot to put down the TV antenna ...once. Also rolled off the blocks and left them behind ...once. A shoe cleaning doormat was left somewhere in KY...once. You'll notice, I said "once."
We fastened the ends of the white hose together and store in a zippered plastic bag. Sanitize when arriving home.

I want to welcome you to the RV community. I hope you go a very long time before that first little scrape by a branch, that first loud party next door, that dog poop no body cleaned up. Minor irritations to a wonderful adventure.
Maggiewaggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 01:24 PM   #47
Congratulations on your new camper
Maybe it's already been mentioned and I missed it, you need to bring a tire gauge to check the tire pressure regularly before each trip and a torque wrench for the lug nuts on the trailer - and use them because things happen.
2013 RAM 3500 Dually Longhorn
2014 Trilogy 3650RL, W/D, Onan 5500, 8000# Axles, IS, 960 Watt Solar, 6x6 Volt Battery Bank, Freedom SW 3012 Inv/Charger
Cypressloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 01:42 PM   #48
We are also kind of new and travel with two Doxies. We found that one of those portable fences are great. The DW sits next to the boys till I get things set up. Also seat cover for backseat of my Pick up, we put in one of those fence dividers behind our seats to keep them in the back seat. Otherwise they would be sitting in our laps. Not sure what kind of dogs you have but our last/ first trip they slept the 2600 miles from MN to NY and return. Must be the road noise?
Chuck and Dianne and the two doxies, Hans and Fritz
2016 2304DS, 2014 Chevy Silverado:
Chuck and Dianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 05:53 PM   #49
You might consider ID for the pups that have your tow vehicle plate and description on them while you are away from home. That would make it easier for someone to find you.
smc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 06:14 PM   #50
At your PDI have them fill and drain the tanks. Check for leaks and that your tank monitoring system works properly. Mine didn't. I had a fresh water and greywater read 1/3 full when empty. I'm still dealing with it 2 months later.

bbrowncods is offline   Reply With Quote

camping, check list, dogs, first time, mutt, pets