Old 11-28-2015, 02:15 PM   #1

What do people

do with their RV covers when they remove them? I know it wont go back in the box it came in.

Burgers on the BBQ and a cold beer
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 02:32 PM   #2

A big weeled garbage can with lid. Fold the cover in tail first. When ready to use cover again, place can behind camper,
get on top and have someone hand you the nose end. Pull it to front of camper and pull sides down. Reverse the process when ready to uncover again. Gets easier with practice.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 02:47 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjones12 View Post
A big weeled garbage can with lid. Fold the cover in tail first. When ready to use cover again, place can behind camper,
get on top and have someone hand you the nose end. Pull it to front of camper and pull sides down. Reverse the process when ready to uncover again. Gets easier with practice.
For me I haven't gotten that far yet, mine is still in its original factory cellophane wrapping, I haven't used it yet. Its sitting under one of my dinette seats atm. Its good to know I will need a storage tub once I opened it and later on need to find a place to store it.
Days camped in 2015, 0 Days so far (0)
This Space for Rent
Night Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 03:48 PM   #4

There is no way ours would fit in a garbage can, but Mike's might. We have a 35' class A and it is very bulky. The storage bag that came with wasca joke.

So, what to do? I found a large Rubbermaid deck storage that I can get it into if I fold it right then roll it up. I keep the box in my carport and move it to/from the MH with a hand truck.

With the class A, it works better to go from front to back but we did back to front when we had our TT.

This year the cover is staying in the box because the MH is in Arizona. I will not miss putting that cover on.
Old 11-28-2015, 03:55 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupevillefish View Post
There is no way ours would fit in a garbage can, but Mike's might. We have a 35' class A and it is very bulky. The storage bag that came with wasca joke.

So, what to do? I found a large Rubbermaid deck storage that I can get it into if I fold it right then roll it up. I keep the box in my carport and move it to/from the MH with a hand truck.

With the class A, it works better to go from front to back but we did back to front when we had our TT.

This year the cover is staying in the box because the MH is in Arizona. I will not miss putting that cover on.
You sure? As mjones said, get the big wheeled one. Like the kind you can roll out to the street. Way bigger than a 55 gallon drum type. That's what we do, too.

Former Forest River Campers:
2004 Puma 30FQSS
2010 Sabre 31QBDS
2014 Work & Play 30WRS
KFX450RXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 04:50 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KFX450RXC View Post
You sure? As mjones said, get the big wheeled one. Like the kind you can roll out to the street. Way bigger than a 55 gallon drum type. That's what we do, too.
Ya, I tried one of those. About half went in while the other half stuck straight up like a scarecrow.

I think our ADCO was designed for a 35-37' DP. It has extra material at either end plus it hangs almost to the ground. I would like to find one that has about a 6-8 skirt. I want to protect the top from pitch but would also like to be able to start the engine or generator or run the furnace without being concerned about trapping fumes. I'm not sure they make anything like that.

Sorry if we have hijacked the tread.
Old 11-28-2015, 05:05 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.t View Post
do with their RV covers when they remove them? I know it wont go back in the box it came in.

Since our fiver is 37' long (13 Columbus), once we wrestle it off the roof via pulling the 2 sides up, roll it up, we then flop it down to the concrete driveway and try to get it rolled up tight enough to fit into the bag that came with the cover. NO WAY it'll go back into the box! It IS A pain. But once we bag it, it lives in a big cabinet in our garage/shop.

Getting the cover back on is a little easier since I really cheat..
I use the front end loader on the tractor to raise it up, then pull it out of the bucket! Unroll the cover from atop the roof. I know....that's really cheating or lazy or something..... Just using what we're blessed to have, I guess But, like our neighbor says, "it's depressing to see the RV covered!!" Boy, they aren't kidding!! sigh!!!!!
Old 11-28-2015, 07:14 PM   #8

I have a 33' travel trailer and the one ordered only covers the top. Little paranoid about El Nino and lots of rain so hoping this will protect the top from too much rain. ADCO#36042
Burgers on the BBQ and a cold beer
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 08:35 PM   #9

Should have said...my tt is just 25 feet. Won't work for everyone.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote