Old 05-07-2013, 08:38 AM   #21
I(we) have forgotten different things on different trips. Luckily there always seems to be a WalMart nearby.

2010 Cedar Creek 5th Wheel 34SATS "The Beast"
2006 Ford F350 Lariat 6.0L Diesel
2003 Harley Heritage Softail "Hogzilla"
1988 Harley Softail Custom "The Fireman"
1986 Marriage to "Wifey" (patience of a saint)
rattleNsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:55 AM   #22
Resident Masshole
There's always a little thing here or there, but by far the worst was when I went tent camping up on the Saco River in Maine probably 15 or 20 years ago. Brought the tent. Forgot the tent poles. And then it proceeded to rain for 2 days straight.

Tom F.
2013 GMC 2500HD SLT Crew Cab
2013 Rockwood Roo 23SS
Nights camped in 2014: 8
Nights camped in 2013: 30
force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:20 AM   #23
I forgot a change in shoes...Keen covered sandals are versatile but not great for hiking over rocks or ankle support. Another trip I forgot body soap...try bathing with microbial liquid hand soap. haha My friends forgot gas for their portable generator - good thing I had a full can.

Like others, I keep a pad in the trailer and make notes for what I want next time. I also write stuff down prior to a trip (checklist) and lastly, I replace what was used and try to keep the trailer items inside - not hav them wander into the house. Towels and linens and.laudry is done & walked right back out to the trailer.There are specific set of clothes (jacket, socks, shirt, undergarment, shoes) that also stay packed inside.

2012 FR Flagstaff T12SDTH
1996 Shadowcruiser Pop Up Truck Camper
1967 Newell Motorcoach
2003 Ford F150 5.4 V8 Triton Super Cab
2004 Nissan Titan LE 5.6 V8 4x4 Crew Cab
handbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:25 AM   #24
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
I am bad about forgetting my trailer keys. It actually works out good for me that the CH751 key is so common to RV's, cause I have ended up several times having to borrow one of my camping buddies, so I can get into my storage compartment where my chocks, cords, and stuff are.

I decided I would keep my spare set in my truck, as to always have a back-up when I forgot my main set. However, I also have the nasty habit of being lazy around the house and will usually get my spare set out of my truck when needing something out of the camper at home, instead of walking in the house to get the main set. I then usually put the spare set in my pocket and they end up back in the house..........exactly where they don't need to be. So the next camping trip, I forget they are both in the house.....and have to borrow my neighbors key, again.
I keep my spare set of keys *in the camper*. Yes, inside- locked happily in place.

To get that fair, I had 7 copies of the main door key made and have one on every car/truck keychain.

I used to keep my spare set in the truck until I got to the storage lot without my keys and I was in my *car*.

To give credit where it's due- my father-in-law told me to do this.
2013 Sabre 36QBOK pulled by a 2012 Ram 3500 DRW
Blogs: Learn to RV & Personal Fulltiming Adventure
Towing Calculators: Towing Planner
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:28 AM   #25
I think my favorite forgetting was last year. As part of an extended trip, a week at my work's office was the last leg. My wife was going to hang out at the campground and I was going to go into the office (tie-ready dress code). The first morning I went to put on shoes- it dawned on me that they had been forgotten.

I had 2 choices-

A) Sneakers
B) Brown dress socks with brown sandals

2013 Sabre 36QBOK pulled by a 2012 Ram 3500 DRW
Blogs: Learn to RV & Personal Fulltiming Adventure
Towing Calculators: Towing Planner
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:32 AM   #26
First trip out last year, forgot to put the remote back in the trailer. Not the tv remote, the remote for the stabilizers. We were close to home that trip.
stitchinsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:34 AM   #27
I have a fear of forgetting a kid. Really... we did it one time between hubby and I. Now it's 'sound off' every time we get ready to pull out of the gas station/restaurant, etc while travelling.

Everything else, I figure how far away from a Target or Walmart or Walgreens can I possibly be?
2012 Flagstaff V-lite 30 WTBS
2011 Ford Expedition
4 kids and a hubby & never enough time to camp!
2011: 17 nights 2012: 26 nights 2013: 46 2014: 20 2015: 16
arlee453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:43 AM   #28
Pyjamas. Not fun, esp. when it's cold. Cell phone, phone charger and camera is about all I can remember. DW lives and dies by her daily checklists and sticky notes.

We got pulled aside last year going into the US. We had forgotten that we had a small baggie of dog food with us. We knew that we had to declare it, but just plain forgot. Man, we got put under the bright lights and thought we were going to Guantanamo Bay. Finally got let go and made it to our cg. Then we realized that the nice US border folks had not returned our Nexus cards. Not good. After several frantic phone calls, nobody at the US border offices could find our cards. We finally drove back and they found them tucked inside a drawer. We thought for sure that they had confiscated them. They are VERY strict about 100% compliance with all the rules and can take your cards away for good for the smallest of reasons. Put a bit of a damper on our campin' weekend.....

We have friends that got in the lineup to cross the border. Part way through the really long lineup, they discovered that their TT insurance had expired. They were supposed to meet up with us at a campground so rather than turn around, she stayed in the lineup and he called a taxi and headed to the nearest insurance office. He got back with a couple of vehicles to go!!

Moral is, it's not just things inside your RV that you can forget.
Gil & Deb & Dougal the Springer Spaniel
Langley, BC
myredracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:14 PM   #29
Site Team
Forgetting our keys sucks big time!
My trailer keys are on the same ring as my truck so I'm not gonna leave
without them.
Also a spare set of trailer keys in the truck.

In the panhandle of FL this Feb a man pulled in across the road.
He looked and looked and couldn't find his trailer keys!
He thought about it and called the last campground and he'd left them
on the counter

It was 75 miles away one way. We all tried our keys and all of us could
get his storage hatch open but none would fit the cabin door. He had stuff
on the bed and didn't want to try to get inside via the storage area by
lifting the mattress so he had to drive 150 miles round trip to retrieve them.

I often take a spare set of truck keys and leave them in the trailer.
Dan & Rita D
2004 5.3L Silverado 1500 ext. cab 2WD
1999 Suzuki Intruder Motorcycle
Blue Ox WD hitch, AirLift load levelers

Camping days 2010-53, 2011-47, 2012-41,
2013-41, 2014-31, 2015-40, 2016-38
KyDan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:39 PM   #30
Originally Posted by Triguy View Post
...and the absolutely worst item we ever forgot (twice) was coffee! There is nothing as disappointing as waking up on a beautiful morning to find we had to do without a pot of freshly-brewed coffee.
How could you even go on. That would just be murder, no coffee under the awning watching the sun come up. Almost sacrilege.

coderider is offline   Reply With Quote