Old 04-11-2010, 12:13 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by PattiPatti View Post
Water pressure!

Especially in the shower. I'm never really convinced that all the shampoo is out of my hair.
My wife hates this too. I replaced the 2.3GPM pump with a 5.7GPM pump and life is much better.

Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 11:14 AM   #22

[QUOTE= Not enough room to carry an espresso machine.[/QUOTE]

OH!!!! See now this is where I may have a solution for you Mr. Jeeper. The stove top espresso maker! I have two of them. A small one (about 2 shots) for my backpacking gear and an larger one (about 6 shots) for the RV. This isn't an gimmicky "camping" gizmo, it's actually a REAL espresso maker. I think they are Italian in origin or something. Who knows and who cares? I can make espresso in my RV or out on the trail!

http://www.google.com/products/catal...d=0CDoQ8gIwAQ#

That's a link to a few examples of what I'm talking about. The "big" one in my RV takes up no more room then a large coffee mug. Easy to use, clean, store, etc... No moving parts, filters etc... I bought my BIG one at Ikea ($10) and my small one at Marshals or TJ max or one of those goofy clearance-type stores I think.

Hope is not lost! oh... and I use an immersion blender (stick blender) for the frothy milk sometimes. I kinda like it straight though.

Brian

Prepilot_3ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 11:19 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prepilot_3ck View Post
OH!!!! See now this is where I may have a solution for you Mr. Jeeper. The stove top espresso maker! I have two of them. A small one (about 2 shots) for my backpacking gear and an larger one (about 6 shots) for the RV. This isn't an gimmicky "camping" gizmo, it's actually a REAL espresso maker. I think they are Italian in origin or something. Who knows and who cares? I can make espresso in my RV or out on the trail!

http://www.google.com/products/catal...d=0CDoQ8gIwAQ#

That's a link to a few examples of what I'm talking about. The "big" one in my RV takes up no more room then a large coffee mug. Easy to use, clean, store, etc... No moving parts, filters etc... I bought my BIG one at Ikea ($10) and my small one at Marshals or TJ max or one of those goofy clearance-type stores I think.

Hope is not lost! oh... and I use an immersion blender (stick blender) for the frothy milk sometimes. I kinda like it straight though.

Brian
Thanks Brian. Someone here at work has one very similar, I think they use it on a hot plate. We already have the immersion blender so I might have to pick up one of the espresso makers. The hot frothed milk is usually the issue but I suppose we could warm up the milk in the microwave and then use the blender to froth.

Thanks for the recommendation.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 02:28 PM   #24

We just got home after being gone for the winter. To be honest what I miss is being back on the road. I look at the work around the house that needs to be done, lawn, washing windows, cleaning up after the winter. All the little jobs that a house requires and wish we were back full timing.
Reese 18K hitch - Garmin 1690 GPS
2008 Chevy 2500HD 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Long Box, Smartair
Nights camped in 2011: 120
Traveler II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 12:04 PM   #25

The thing I miss most when camping is a full bar. I have a wonderful bar I built down in my basement for entertaining (friends or alone ) with all the ingredients to darn near any libation you could ever want or need. When I'm camping I just carry the Big Five (vodka, bourbon, rum, gin, tequila), some mixers, and a single barrel scotch. It never fails when I go into relax mode at the end of the day in my chair, I'm always craving some concoction with ingredients left at home.