Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2018, 06:26 PM   #41

What got me into camping with a travel trailer was me walking on the Appalachian Trail. I started walking some on the Appalachian Trail when I was about fifty. After six or seven years I convinced DW to walk about 35 miles with me, after three days she said she wasn’t walking anymore. We crossed a road and that was the end of DW backpacking ever again. DW will go anywhere with me camping but no more walking carrying a backpack. I like seeing new places so we have a fifth wheel and me and DW see a lot of new places and meet the nicest people. I’m glad DW doesn’t like to backpack
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 06:53 PM   #42

When I was very young my grandfather had a 5er I wasn’t even a year old and he had me out at the infield at Watkins glen he then swapped it for a slide in before he passed away. After that it was tent camping in the Rockies with my folks and then as a teen I was a scout in the pacific north west so let’s of tent camping. Then off to the army more tent camping and renting from mwr. Then my son came along and the now ex didn’t like the thought of camping when he was old enough it was back to scouting. The new wife likes camping and we bought a pop up and then a tt
Old 07-05-2018, 06:54 PM   #43
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
What got me into camping with a travel trailer was me walking on the Appalachian Trail. I started walking some on the Appalachian Trail when I was about fifty. After six or seven years I convinced DW to walk about 35 miles with me, after three days she said she wasn’t walking anymore. We crossed a road and that was the end of DW backpacking ever again. DW will go anywhere with me camping but no more walking carrying a backpack. I like seeing new places so we have a fifth wheel and me and DW see a lot of new places and meet the nicest people. I’m glad DW doesn’t like to backpack
I figure that if I can't get there in my truck...I ain't goin'!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RM5510CumberlandPassTruck-PA111434.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	154.5 KB
ID:	178394   Click image for larger version

Name:	RM5510CumberlandPass-PA111427.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	554.1 KB
ID:	178395   Click image for larger version

Name:	4wheelin-IMGP3201.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	116.1 KB
ID:	178396  
Attached Images

JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 05:20 AM   #44
Insert witty title here

My checkbook.

2021 Transcend Xplor 247BH
Husky WDH with Sway Control
2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 6.6L V8 Duramax
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.
Laurie J. Wood 3/22/67 - 8/23/19
timfromma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 08:23 PM   #45
Sunseeker 2400MBW

Wow what great stories. Some of us cousins would build a “fort” out of pine tree branches and sleep out in the wooded part of my grandparents farm. One flash light, no cooking, no fire, I guess we used old quilts, nobody had something so exotic as a sleeping bag. That was about it.
Then a few years ago, a good friend, depressed because his GF broke up with him, invited me to go to Yellowstone with him in his old 18ft class C motor home. Oh my gosh, I loved it so much. When my husband and I got married a few years later I kept talking about how much fun that trip was. It all seemed so complicated I never thought of buying one myself. But my husband did and now we live in it. My husband never camped much as a kid either.
Nancyc7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping