Old 05-12-2012, 06:17 AM   #11
Yep, I would have done the same thing. It's not your responsibility to make sure your spot is open let the cg manager do it.

Ron, Tami, Annette, and Ron III
United States Coast Guard Active Duty
2011 Salem 28BHSS / 2004 Dodge 2500 Cummins
2012 reserved/camped (17/4)

RonLynnJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:49 AM   #12
There is a county/FS? CG near here and on the rules and regs sign is written something to this effect;
If you set up a vacant camp and don't pay the fee for the night, all camping equipment and supplies will be removed and disposed of. Vehicles will be towed/removed/impounded or something like that.
Pretty intense, huh?

FOR SALE 2014 BOSS 6.2L F350
2012 Surveyor SV264
NW Oregon
Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:45 AM   #13
I think you did the exact right thing. A few weeks ago we were going to a CG and two of our friend were coming later. We were going to a first come first served spot. We were going to buy one of our friends spots since they couldn't make it until late the next day. When we got to the CG a sign said once paid a tent/camper needed to be in the spot within 1 hr so we called our friend told them that, so they brought their trailer down then went back home. I know that we could have probably ask someone wanting that spot that our friends were coming and they would have went to another spot, but I don't think you can save someone a spot unless it is bought and paid for, and in this case rules are rules and if our friends wanted to be next to us they need to have their camper there
Barnman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 12:13 PM   #14
Not paid for is fair game, esp if the friend had an opportunity to pay right up until the last minute.

You asking the host to check it out for you is kinda like being on an airplane or at the theater and having the flight attendant or usher to handle it for you... it's best to let them intervene. That's what ther're there for.
2012 Ford F150 4x4, 5.0L, 3.55
2011 Rockwood MiniLite 1809s
E2 WDH 600/6000lbs
FreedomTracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 02:42 PM   #15
I agree.. not paid for is fair game. But let me tell you what happened last year.........

There was a camper that was leaving out on Friday. This couple with a pair of small kids was driving through and you could tell they were looking to see if any sites were open. I got to talking with them..... and...... well in an attempt to make a long story short they were coming in the evening after the guys were to pull out that morning. SO they paid for site.... left it up to me to tag their PAID site for them. I did..... and even put a chair there to boot.

I was out in hammock and heard my chair being dragged off to the side.... AND IT WAS NOT THE PEOPLE THAT PAID FOR SITE! I jumped up..... ran down there and asked what did they think they were doing. Skuzzy looking guy said..... well nobody is here. I told him... BUT SITE is paid for...... SEE TAG! DUH. He got huffy...... I was getting ticked. I've got ranger on speed dial! Don't mess with the camper that feeds rangers on a regular basis! LOL

He kept shooting me bad looks all weekend... Ranger kept an eye on him! LOL

Official member of the "Roo Kroo"!
2009 - 4, 2010 - 135
2011 - 95 and counting
skeeterbait8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 03:22 PM   #16
And if the "friend" that they were saving it for hadn't shown-up, they certainly wouldn't have paid for it in that case, either! Clearly, if they wanted it, then they should have paid for it.
Fire Instructor

2014 RAM 2500 Laramie 4x4 Quad Cab w/Cummins Turbo Diesel, 2009 Rockwood 2607, and 3 'yaks!
300W of Suntech Solar, a Rogue MPT-3024 Controller, and a Xantrex PW2000 Inverter
Fire Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 04:18 PM   #17
I agree with everyone too. Its not fair to those that have taken the time to arrive early enough to get a site.
jmswms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 04:41 PM   #18
Submarines once..........
I concur with everybody else. We did something similar when we met some friends for a camping trip. I paid for the first night and parked my truck in the spot until they arrived. I was asked several times to move it but refused only because the spot was paid for. If I had not paid for the spot I would have moved my truck for somebody else because at that point it is fair game.

Jason and Melissa
2013 ROO 233S AKA Our "ROO"ST
2008 Ford F-250
63 Nights in 2012! 8 Nights and counting in 2013
Four high energy Little Girls!:
melbornj is offline   Reply With Quote