Old 08-21-2012, 11:45 AM   #1
What is the best TT FR makes?

Only had our new TT for 12 months now and love it to death. It's 20 feet and feels a bit cramped at times, especially with no slide. A 26 footer or thereabouts would possibly be nice down the road. One that has room for a sofa and has more circulation space (ie., slide). There's just two of us so we don't need a honkin' big rig.

I am not impressed with the overall quality of our current trailer. I have done a LOT of mods to the interior to improve the functionality. Even rebuilt some of the cr*p construction like bed frame/storage.

Is there a particular model/brand of FR TT that is considered top of the line? Would be looking for something that has best possible workmanship, attention to details, better quality materials, good storage, better insulation, etc. If custom order details are possible, that would be great, like say laminate flooring.

Does FR make such a thing? A lot of FR owners seem to complain about quality and all sorts of problems. This seems to be a problem generally in the industry though. Perhaps we would have to look at a brand made by someone else?

I have even thought about buying an old vintage trailer like a Silver Streak and restoring and customizing it.

Gil & Deb & Dougal the Springer Spaniel
Langley, BC
myredracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:57 AM   #2
Site Team - Lou
Pretty wide open question I think.

Like asking who has the prettiest wife.
Eye of the beholder and all...

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:07 PM   #3
We had a 2000 SunnyBrook and the wife wanted a bigger RV. We searched high and low to find quality anywhere comparable to that SunnyBrook. Not much came close. To me, quality was the most important factor (that's why it took us a year or so to find something). I'm not sure FR is top of the line or even has the best quality units on the market but they have some lines that maybe slightly better than others. We selected the Sabre line (not the Silhouette) because we perceived the quality to be acceptable. It is bigger and has some modern features our old one did not but the quality is inferior to what we had before.

Edited to add:
SunnyBrook's quality diminished in the mid to late 00's. So we looked at them but eventually avoided them due to the poor reviews and customer feedback. Now that Winnebago owns the brand, they may be better again.
2006 Ram 2500 CTD
2011 Sabre 31RLDS
awjoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:19 PM   #4
I've had 2 FR products and have been very happy with both. I think all of FR lines can create a lemon though. So to answer your question, "Which is the best TT FR makes"? Mine
Len & Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:24 PM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
I've also had two forest rivers

2011 palomino sabre 5er 32bhok-6
2006 flagstaff tt 832bhss

Love them both.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:37 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus
The one that is your driveway and paid for is the best one.

I agree, too wide open, what works for you with children, I don't want, as our children are gone. We want a toy hauler to take the bikes, you may want a bike rack for the pedal bikes. Best is relative. Most of us here thinks Forrest River makes the best. Make, model, options, all of that depends on your wants and needs.
2012 Ford F250 ext. Cab 4x4
2002 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:09 PM   #7
Moderators' Assistant
based on price, since i've never seen one, the new Aviator line is the most expensive and seems to be aimed at Airstream buyers.
Dan-Retired Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
'07 Roo 23SS pushing an '07 Chevy Avalanche
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:13 PM   #8
We love our Palomino Puma 25RS. We bought is used from a dealer but is is just what we wanted with the floorplan and a lots of storage. It also has a couch in the rear with a big window that we love to look out at the different campers and scenery.
2009 Palomino Puma 25RS
2007 Chevrolet Silverado
Prodigy P2 Brake Controller
Mark and Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:43 PM   #9
Cedar Creek
2012 Georgetown XL - 378TS 49,000 miles
(2013 - 98 days) (2014 - 117 days) (2015 - 67 days) (2016 - 115 days)
USAF Retired - MSgt

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:49 PM   #10
Have a Flagstaff 8524(something).First few trips everything was fine. After two years I think I have most of the problems fixed that developed on about the fourth trip. Only camping two nights so far this year due to wife's health problem, so don't know if I have every thing fixed yet or not. When I bought my first trailer (terry) in 2000, everyone rated anything made by Dutchman bad, and Artic Fox (Alpha) good. Don't know how it is today, but a friend of mine has an Artic Fox and say when they open the refrigerator, they have to be careful because the shelves jump out of place after towing. Last time camping, was talking with someone with another brand, and he was very unhappy with the quality. And lots of problems on this forum I haven't run into yet. So far probably near 10,000 miles on my Chinese tires, and a Dexter fram instead of a Lippert.

wayne anthony is offline   Reply With Quote