Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-25-2016, 09:51 AM   #21

What are you saving if you don't use anti-freeze after blowing out,,, $5 ???
At least I feel the pump & pre-filter are protected !!! as well as the entire sys !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 03:18 AM   #22

I know this is a little off the subject but twice I have had to take the filter off and clean out what appears to be paper. The blockage was bad enough to stop the pump from supplying water. Has anyone else had this problem? 2014 27XLR
PJMIDFLAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 04:59 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJMIDFLAK View Post
I know this is a little off the subject but twice I have had to take the filter off and clean out what appears to be paper. The blockage was bad enough to stop the pump from supplying water. Has anyone else had this problem? 2014 27XLR
Sounds like someone has inserted "paper / foreign objects into the Freshwater Fill,very easy to do on most RVs that are in the Open! Youroo! !
Old 12-28-2016, 05:37 AM   #24

Quote:

Paper huh? Hopefully the factory did not connect the pumps suction line to the black tank fitting for the tank flusher!
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 06:52 AM   #25

Quote:
I have been somewhat bemused by folks who report that they removed the strainer. I guess they feel they'd be happier replacing the water pump if crud gets into the intake line.
johnbryanpeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 07:25 AM   #26
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post
What are you saving if you don't use anti-freeze after blowing out,,, $5 ???
At least I feel the pump & pre-filter are protected !!! as well as the entire sys !!!
Best $5 spent. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing. Traded 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 09:42 AM   #27

Quote:
If it were me I would Flush the FW Tank and Sanitize and flush again !!!
Old 12-28-2016, 10:25 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post
If it were me I would Flush the FW Tank and Sanitize and flush again !!!
When you do that you should disconnect the suction line and pull its fitting, and the drain fitting, from the bungs. A lot more debris will was out of the larger holes than will through the cheap plastic drain valve. When they install the spin weld fittings the 1st step is to use a hole saw. Guess where the shavings end up? Sometimes the plastic disk/slug ends up in there too. Sort of like a bonus but at least it will float around in there flat and most likely not cause an issue, like ending up blocking the vent while your filling the tank.
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 10:30 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post
When you do that you should disconnect the suction line and pull its fitting, and the drain fitting, from the bungs. A lot more debris will was out of the larger holes than will through the cheap plastic drain valve. When they install the spin weld fittings the 1st step is to use a hole saw. Guess where the shavings end up? Sometimes the plastic disk/slug ends up in there too. Sort of like a bonus but at least it will float around in there flat and most likely not cause an issue, like ending up blocking the vent while your filling the tank.
I am sure it is all about saving a few pennys,,, but do not see why they can't install FW drains that don't take all day to drain the tank ???
Old 12-28-2016, 12:47 PM   #30

Speaking of drains, our 2016 Shockwave has a real drain! I couldn't believe it when we drained the first tank of water. It must be an inch and a quarter slide valve, of course draining 160 gallons of water would take a long time if it came out of a quarter inch valve.

Our old Kit TH had one of those little tiny drains. The tank got to smelling bad from sitting over winter so I removed the tank to thoroughly clean and sanitize it. Up on replacing I installed a half inch elbow and ball valve with a garden hose fitting. That way I could fill it from the bottom, didn't have to watch and hold the small adapter in the filler hole.

2016 t28FQDX Shockwave,
New Provider tires 10/31/18 ,
2021 Chev LT 3500
2020 Polaris RZR 900 Fox Edition
herbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 02:46 AM   #31

Thanks for the input on "paper" in the filter. We live in Alaska so when it warms up this spring we will flush the fresh water tank and see what we find. I will also check all the feeds and connecting lines to the tank.
PJMIDFLAK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water, water pump, pump