Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2012, 04:03 PM   #1

Red face What is with vendors these days??

I ordered this motorized piece of equipment to move trailers around in my shop. Thought is would be easier that trying to use my truck to move them around.

So I find this cool one with hydraulic actuated tongue and a gas motor, says it will move 12,000 pounds. $4500 plus $285 freight, plus $35 residential delivery, plus $20 for 24 hour notice to delivery (phone call I guess).

So about 5 weeks later I get an email with my tracking number that it's shipping. Great, so I wait for my call. Never comes. Week and a half goes by, and nothing, so I call the vendor and the freight company. Of course they have no phone number on the paperwork, so it's sitting in the warehouse. Fine. Let's schedule a delivery then.

Well, they say will send out an 18 wheeler and I need to have a forklift to unload it! LOL! I remind them that not only did I not get a notice that I paid for, but that I paid for "residential" delivery. Does your residence have a forklift at the ready? So they commiserate for a bit and suggest that I pay an additional $45 for a lift gate - guess that is one of those gizmos like on the back of a Lowe's truck. So I say no way and tell the vendor to deal with it and get what I paid for or take it back.

So can you guess what they decided to do? Take it back and issue me a refund! Over $45. Is it me? Sigh.
crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:16 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

That's odd. I ordered a playset for my daughter and figured I would have it delivered to my shop that's in an industrial neighborhood and where I have a forklift, and it would be cheaper. Wrong! I ended up taking my company name off the delivery ticket and just put in the business delivery address and it was $65 cheaper. Don't understand. The driver was thrilled to death that I had a forklift and it took all of 3 minutes to unload and he was on his way.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote