Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-19-2008, 09:13 PM   #1

What roadside assistance do you use?

I am a current Good Sam Emergency Roadside Assistance member, but I recently got mail with an Allstate KOA Road Side Assisitance that seems similar, and almost 30.00 cheaper? Does anyone have any comments on either?

thanks
Prodigy Brake Control
Reese 800lb Weight Dist Bars
Dual Cam Sway Control
2008 Rockwood 2701ss
Mansfield, MA
spepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 07:30 PM   #2

I am not sure about the two you mentioned, but we have "AAA" it is not the standard package, the one we have is what they call the RV package, AAA will tow use up to 100 miles with out any additional charges, that includes the tow vehical and the travel trailer. The package also includes all the other benifits that is standard in there regular package.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 10:16 PM   #3
The Jolly Mon

Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
I've been with Good Sam ERS for a few years. Always had good service. I have been using the free Forest River service for the past year. I'll renew it when it comes around, as I let the GS lapse. I flip-flop a lot on road services. I go with the best price/best services offered.

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 09:05 AM   #4

AAA Plus Rv. They will send out up to 2 tow trucks, one for the tow vehicle and one for the RV.

2010 Wildcat 30LOFT
2011 RAM 3500 CCLB Cummins
HookMeUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 07:03 PM   #5

When using the AAA plus RV, is there any out of pocket expense up front? Also is it unlimited towing too?

thanks
Prodigy Brake Control
Reese 800lb Weight Dist Bars
Dual Cam Sway Control
2008 Rockwood 2701ss
Mansfield, MA
spepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 07:18 PM   #6

No just the yearly fee. For my wife and I our cost is $124.00, that covers us in any of our vehicals and in any body elses. If you are out in a some one elses car and let say they lock there keys in there car and you are a member AAA will come out and open the doors. That's just one of many benifits of being a member. As far as miles, they will tow up to 100 miles at no extra cost, how remember this is the RV package not the standard package, the standard package only includes up to 3 miles then you pay so much a mile after that.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 09:18 AM   #7

We too have CAA/AAA plus RV. All you have is the yearly fee. They will even bring you gas if you run out. Change your tire on truck or trailer. They have trip advisors, free maps etc... check out their web site. www.aaa.com
08newbies is offline   Reply With Quote