Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-08-2015, 08:00 PM   #21
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timex View Post
I have to almost crawl under the TT to put my bottle jack in position but taking the tire off isn't a fun job for an old, fay guy anyways!
That's exactly why I made the adaptor so I don't have to crawl under the trailer.

Gashog, you have to put another pc of pipe as a slug inside the adaptor to keep from using the entire length of the jack just to reach the frame.
Old 05-08-2015, 08:58 PM   #22

OldCoot you come up with some great stuff. Figure I would get a piece of solid square extruded bar the size of the frame that I'm jacking on. Chuck it up on the lathe with a 4 jaw chuck and bore the center out to slip over the ram on the jack.

2014 RAM 2500 Laramie Longhorn 4 x 4
6.4 Hemi 410 HP, 410 Rear Axle
gashog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 09:10 PM   #23
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by gashog View Post
OldCoot you come up with some great stuff. Figure I would get a piece of solid square extruded bar the size of the frame that I'm jacking on. Chuck it up on the lathe with a 4 jaw chuck and bore the center out to slip over the ram on the jack.
I just used pipe and bar stock I had. In the first picture you can see a bracket welded on the side to make sure the adaptor doesn't slide off the frame. As I said, there is a short smaller pipe inside welded to the plate on top and then the plate/pipe is welded to the outer pipe with the bracket on the side. Took longer to figure out how to do it than actually making it. I lift both wheels off the ground and agree, with you, the jack handle needs to be longer which is an easy fix if I could remember to do it.