Old 04-04-2015, 11:05 AM   #1

What Size Pad for Parking?

We have a Georgetown 364TS on order. It's 37.5 feet long and 101 inches wide. I'm going to have a gravel pad put in on one end of our house for parking the RV here.

My question is this - based upon your experience, what size pad should I put in? My wife is thinking 40' by 10' but I'm wondering if there's a really good argument for getting an extra foot or two - particularly in the width. It's going to be easier to do it all now than add more later.

So based upon your experience, how big of a pad would you put down for a 37.5' by 8.4' motorhome?

THANKS FOR ANY INPUT!

Old 04-04-2015, 11:08 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dweeks View Post
We have a Georgetown 364TS on order. It's 37.5 feet long and 101 inches wide. I'm going to have a gravel pad put in on one end of our house for parking the RV here.

My question is this - based upon your experience, what size pad should I put in? My wife is thinking 40' by 10' but I'm wondering if there's a really good argument for getting an extra foot or two - particularly in the width. It's going to be easier to do it all now than add more later.

So based upon your experience, how big of a pad would you put down for a 37.5' by 8.4' motorhome?

THANKS FOR ANY INPUT!
I would go 45' X 13' or 14'

Never know when you might decide to go bigger, wider the better.....if you put your slides out and it's raining.....it will keep you out of the mud or off the grass.

45' X 14' would be my choice

'Pa Pa's Palace'

2014 Sportscoach Crosscountry 405FK
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
CSMRetired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 11:13 AM   #3
2015 Puma 30rkss

I poured a pad next to my garage. 12' wide. I wish it were 14'. With the wheels on the edge of the pad I barely have the room for the slide out without hitting the garage. Give yourself some wiggle room.
Old 04-04-2015, 11:28 AM   #4

I framed mine out with railroad ties to create a level spot next to a shed and made it barely wide enough for the camper with the slide out. The steps ended up almost right above the railroad ties which made that last step a little crazy so I added 4 feet to the width last spring and I love it. There's now space to lay out the rug and not roll an ankle by falling off the side of my little retaining wall. At this point I have 16' x 54' level gravel pad with a sewer drain to dump if don't want to wait in line at the campground.
Old 04-04-2015, 11:40 AM   #5

Yeah, I didn't think about the steps and all. Good input folks - thanks!
Old 04-04-2015, 02:10 PM   #6

RV pad

I just went through a similar project. We went with a 45x 14 foot gravel pad when we did ours. I am glad we did. My slide outs have room. I have since gone to a asphalt pad. By doing the larger dimensions it prevents the weight of the 40 foot motorhome from rolling and cracking the edge of the pad.
Hope this helps.
Old 04-04-2015, 02:42 PM   #7

Just think the bigger the better. You won't have to be perfect everytime you pull in and make sure you have the step and slideout out room with your awning extended......It's cheap to do now the first time.....
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 03:07 PM   #8

I just had a concrete pad poured for mine. 12 ft wide but I can't open my canopy.
Old 04-04-2015, 03:30 PM   #9
Mod free 5er

40'x20'!
Old 04-04-2015, 03:36 PM   #10

Question .........how much room do you need to turn around in your back yard and how big should the pad be to use it to turn around on........38 foot Georgetown

Tags
parking