Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-07-2012, 01:49 PM   #1

Question what to chose..

Hi All,
I am looking a buying a trailer or fifth wheel. I have a1996 travel trailer that I use to go in the woods. I bought it a long time agoand it doesn’t fit my growing family. With a 3 year old and a baby on the way, Ineed extra space. I have a Ford F-150 ecoboost max towing package. I neverpulled a fifth wheel before and I am all equipped to pull a trailer (stabilizerbars, etc.…). I am looking at the forest river site to find a floor plan thatwould suit my needs. I have found a few that we like. My best model would be a365SAQ but tow behind as the fifth wheel is too heavy for me. Basically, I would like 2 pullouts at the backand an outside kitchen. We do not like to have the entertainment center at thefoot of the bed, so we would prefer a bed like that model, with the pullout and TV on theside.

Do you guys know if that model exists? I am unable to findanything like it on the web site.

Thanks

JD
JeanDa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:22 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Check palomino made by forest river
Sabre line might have what your looking 4
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:56 PM   #3

Interesting… how many sub-brand does forest river has??
I have never seen this one before… I want to buy a trailer made by Forest River or one of its brands. Looking at their site, that trailer line wasn’t there.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:00 PM   #4

Go to the Forest River home page and scroll to the bottom. You will find clickable logos of the other brands under the Forest River name.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:01 PM   #5

We just purchased a 30WRKSS V-lite with 1.5 baths. We LOVE the trailer!!! Having that extra 1/2 bath makes all the difference in the world. The "master" bath is at the front in the "V" part of the trailer. Has 2 vanities...we looked at several different models of the V-lite series & kept coming back to this one. We just got it march 1st & can't take it out of the driveway till Easter wkend We pull it with a 2009 Lincoln Mark LT.
Liane Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:27 PM   #6
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

coachman prime time flagstaff palomino shasta salem wildcat wildwood rockwood r pod
sandpiper sierra surveyor vibe wolf pup and thats not even the motor homes
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:38 PM   #7

Palomino, a division of Forest River, makes a lite weight fifth wheel, Elite Ultra-lite. Don't know the specs on your F-150, but check them out:
Palomino RV - Manufacturer of Quaility RVs since 1968
Prodigy
M.I.L. in Florida for good!!
amxpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:40 PM   #8

Check out the windjammer 3006W. It has bunk beds in the front a living room slide and the rear master bedroom slide. I can be found under the Rockwood line of TT.
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:21 PM   #9

Take it from someone who made the mistake of letting the TV drive the TT decission, don't do it.
We ended up having 3 TT in five years because I tried not to change the TV and the worst part is I ended up trading a one year old TV in the end.

We had a 1/2 ton TV and the TT we like best was a 5th but to large for the 1/2 ton so we chose a different camper, decided to trade it in one year later, for a different TT (little larger) 2 years into that one we traded the TV and got a 3/4 ton, used that setup the third season and the next year (winter) we went to the RV show and purchased the 356SAQ, and traded the 3/4 ton (that was 11 months old) for a 1 ton dully.

If the 365SAQ is the one you like, bite the bullet and trade the TV, resale values are up so it will not hurt to bad, believe me you will save money in the end.

Good luck.
2023 Road Glide ST
camper_Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:56 PM   #10
MI Camperz

I concur with the 1.5 bath thing for a growing family and of course, bunkhouse at opposite end of master bedroom. Enjoy your shopping!
bodzcampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:43 AM   #11

Thanks for all the advice… we have shorten the list on a few models.

31QBTS – If we can have the option of an outside kitchen in the rear pullout. That would be our best one for sure.
30Z or 830VBH are second.
We also looked at a 36BHBS, the little crafting dinette is a strong pull for my girls but I do not think we will go with that one. I do not want to go through the bathroom to get to the master’s.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:04 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Check palomino made by forest river
Sabre line might have what your looking 4
The Palomino Puma line tends to duplicate the Sabre floor plans. They have aluminum skins instead of f iberglass. Hence, they are quite a bit lighter and a lot less expensive. With your 1/2 ton TV, being lighter will be a definite advantage. Check Palomino RV - Manufacturer of Quaility RVs since 1968.
Great Horned Owl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecoboost, fifth wheel, tow behind, trailer, travel