Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

View Poll Results: What Type Of Music Do Play While Camping
Country 12 46.15%
Blugrass 3 11.54%
Lite Rock 60's, 70's ,80's / Todays Music 16 61.54%
Heavy Metal 1 3.85%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-13-2010, 12:33 PM   #1

What type of music do you play While camping?

Just woundering what type of music do campers play while camping. I like 60's 70's & 80's rock and some country rock.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 12:57 PM   #2

Rockwood06,
I'm with you- I like the same genres of music that you listed.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 01:40 PM   #3

i have over 745 songs on the ipod connected to the dash radio
i set it to shuffle
so it can jump from old country, new country, classic rock, 60's pop, 40's big band, techno pop from the 90's, latin and americana (Jerry jeff walker)
we never know whats going to slip in.... oh yeah somehow a Celine Dion album got loaded on
Old 03-13-2010, 04:04 PM   #4

We usually put on some smooth jazz on the Sirius from Dish Network. Also like clasic rock, hard rock, Bluegrass, it's all good. Or just play Guitar Hero on the Wii
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 04:50 PM   #5

Southern Gospel & or Classic Country
Emptypockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 06:04 PM   #6
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Have to agree with Rockwood06. I really like quite an array of music but a good bit of today's music, if that's what you want to call, is more hype of an artist in lieu of quality good music. Rap, Hip-hop, and heavy metal appeals to quite a large audience but it's hardly something to relax to. We had the misfortune of camping in November 2008 where the campers at the bottom of the hill were blasting that constant THUMP-THUMP-THUMP along with the great lyrics of Shoot This, MF That, etc. Someone must have complained and they were visited by the campground staff. Everyone is entitled to listen to whatever they want but it shouldn't be disturbing to others. As for the foul language music, I have songs that have a word or two in them but it's not the main body of the song. There's a place for that and to me it's in your home or car where no one else has to hear it or you have to worry about young kids hearing that stuff.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 06:31 PM   #7

gotta love the I-Pod, I have over 3000 songs loaded, never get sick of any of the songs when you play them on shuffle, I like all kinds of music, but when I get in the margaritiville mood, I can select all the Buffett songs and drink and the parrott juice I can. Can't afford the sirius but that would be nice too.
flyrotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 10:15 PM   #8

If you you're at a place that has wifi, try pandora.com. Online radio that plays music you like based on your selection. I just was told about it and it's pretty neat!
dharri770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 07:30 AM   #9

I thought about asking what type of devise do people play music on, but there is no guessing it's the Ipod, here is one....I still have an 8 track tape player and 8 track tapes, and my brother still has his first reel to reel.
For Christmas my kids got me a unit with a turn table and I can use it to burn my 45's on to a cd.....anyone know a 45 is?....... By the way I mention my brother, he is 10 years older then I....
Old 03-14-2010, 07:35 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfsoistman View Post
Have to agree with Rockwood06. I really like quite an array of music but a good bit of today's music, if that's what you want to call, is more hype of an artist in lieu of quality good music. Rap, Hip-hop, and heavy metal appeals to quite a large audience but it's hardly something to relax to. We had the misfortune of camping in November 2008 where the campers at the bottom of the hill were blasting that constant THUMP-THUMP-THUMP along with the great lyrics of Shoot This, MF That, etc. Someone must have complained and they were visited by the campground staff. Everyone is entitled to listen to whatever they want but it shouldn't be disturbing to others. As for the foul language music, I have songs that have a word or two in them but it's not the main body of the song. There's a place for that and to me it's in your home or car where no one else has to hear it or you have to worry about young kids hearing that stuff.
Big time agree with. Remember when Charlie Daniel's "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" had 2 versions.......1 with SOB and the other with Son of a Gun??? Some radio stations refused to play the 1st version.

The people now cranking the volume up will be suffering from the same malady that I have from shooting guns without ear protection during my youth........hearing loss. Hearing protection in the 50s and 60s just wasn't the norm back then.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 09:36 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnguy View Post
Big time agree with. Remember when Charlie Daniel's "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" had 2 versions.......1 with SOB and the other with Son of a Gun??? Some radio stations refused to play the 1st version.

The people now cranking the volume up will be suffering from the same malady that I have from shooting guns without ear protection during my youth........hearing loss. Hearing protection in the 50s and 60s just wasn't the norm back then.
I remember that now "SOB" part, I that I was hearing things.
Old 03-14-2010, 03:52 PM   #12

Never heard a radio station yet play the last verse of Garth Brooks The Thunder Rolls either even though there is no swearing in it.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 09:37 PM   #13
Cyber Phrenologist

There should have been a box for "nothing at all"... I don't mean to come off all purist or anything, but I go into the parks to get away from noise, preferring instead the thunderous silence of God's creation, and especially the cornucopia of frogs, bugs and owls that lull me to sleep through an open window.

Besides, we all have Concertone sound systems, right?

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 10:27 PM   #14

I agree with Radio, but getting to the campsite I listen while driving.
flyrotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 06:51 AM   #15

I don't play music all the time and I have respect for those that are around me, and I like the sounds of nature as well. The definition of noise to me is RAP and anything that is played on a Concertone is crap, well the one that came with my camper anyway. I removed mine after the warrenty was up, I like the sound from a Bose system.